2 Candlelight dinner package questions

Since we already have Biergarten reservations AND it's one of the package restaurants, I decided to see what times they had available and low & behold, they had a 4:35 reservation available which is MUCH better than the 5:55 one I already had so I booked it.

So my questions are:

There isn't a time listed for the show and there are 3 shows- 5, 6:45 & 8:15. Do we pick which show or is it assigned??

Dammit... I forgot the other question...  :banghead:

For the Candlelight Processional dinner package, you have to actually book a package.  Did you book CP or just an ADR at Biergarten?  If you book the CP package, it is a set price for the dinner, and they will automatically give you passes to whichever CP show time makes sense.  The show time is automatically assigned for you.  They factor in plenty of time to eat and get to the show...typically a bit too much time but at least you aren't rushed.  When you check in for dinner, or sometimes afterward after you've paid, they give you stickers for each person in your dinner party for that CP seating, which you put on your shirt or whatever. 

Not sure about TIW.

For the Candlelight Processional dinner package, you have to actually book a package.  Did you book CP or just an ADR at Biergarten?  If you book the CP package, it is a set price for the dinner, and they will automatically give you passes to whichever CP show time makes sense.  The show time is automatically assigned for you.  They factor in plenty of time to eat and get to the show...typically a bit too much time but at least you aren't rushed.  When you check in for dinner, or sometimes afterward after you've paid, they give you stickers for each person in your dinner party for that CP seating, which you put on your shirt or whatever. 

Not sure about TIW.

Thanks..  I just called & talked to a CM (blasphemer!) and now I'm confused about the timing...  

According to AllEars: "NOTE: There will be specific dining reservation times for each show as follows: for the 5 p.m. show reservation for dining must be between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m.; for the 6:45 p.m. show dining must be between 3:30 and 4:15 p.m.; and for the 8:15 show dining must be between 4:20 and 5:45 p.m."

But according to the CM, the 4:35 res will put us into the 6:45 show. But I think he prefaced this by saying something like "I believe that..blah, blah.."

(He also had to look up the info for TIW- so I take his "yes it's eligible" comment with a grain of salt...)

So who's right?

ps~ AllEars narrator dates are also different from the dates posted on the disney site... so.....

I would trust the Disney site....but not necessarily the Disney CM you spoke to. 

If you booked a CP dinner package with 4:35 reservations at Biergarten, then regardless of what the CM told you they will assign you to a show based upon dining windows.  In that case, I would expect to be assigned to the 8:15 show.  If you think that will be too late for you, keep trying to get a dinner reservation in the earlier window. 

Ok....oddly, I couldn't find specific information on the Disney website regarding dining times.  The Disney Food Blog has information that doesn't agree with allears...but might sort of corroborate what the CM told you.  (but not exactly).  Oy.  Conflicting info abounds.  Maybe an "insider" will come along with access to information that us lay people do not have. 

Thanks... I just talked to ANOTHER CM and she said we'd be in the 8:15 show and it runs for an hour.  Illuminations a starts at 9:30.  Is 15min enough to go from the procession viewing to Illuminations?  She did say that CP package people do have a reserved section at Illuminations but I'm wondering about lines to get in.   ??

Our experience with the preferred Illuminations viewing area is that it's not worth the hastle unless you can get there early to get a good spot.  And if you have time to hang out early, you can get a good viewing spot anywhere around the lagoon.  I wouldn't worry myself about getting there to watch it...it is completely on the other side of the lagoon from the ampitheater, and it's a zoo. 

Since Illuminations can be seen from just about anywhere around the lagoon, and the theater is on the lagoon, yes, that will be enough time to get to a viewing location.  You may be behind folks and not on the rail at that late time, but you'll be fine.

Just leave the theater and start wandering left or right till you get to a spot you are happy with.

Our experience with the preferred Illuminations viewing area is that it's not worth the hastle unless you can get there early to get a good spot.  And if you have time to hang out early, you can get a good viewing spot anywhere around the lagoon.  I wouldn't worry myself about getting there to watch it...it is completely on the other side of the lagoon from the ampitheater, and it's a zoo. 

So what you're saying is, we don't need to be in the preferred seating to see the show?  (remember people, I'm a total noob and Epcot wasn't even OPEN last time I was there!)

And if that's the case, can you recommend a place or two for us to view from coming out of the CP?

So what you're saying is, we don't need to be in the preferred seating to see the show?  (remember people, I'm a total noob and Epcot wasn't even OPEN last time I was there!)

And if that's the case, can you recommend a place or two for us to view from coming out of the CP?

You do NOT need to go to the preferred area to see it.  Just find any spot around the lake and you can see the show.  It is designed so that people can view it from anywhere around the World Showcase and even parts of Future World.  So no issues...just leave the CP and find a spot anywhere around the water.  Enjoy!

I could be wrong about this, but I think there was a spot roped off near the theater for those with the reserved seats for the CP to watch Illuminations. 

OP-I agree with what the others have said- you can see Illuminations fine from all around the World Showcase.  If the reserved area is full or too far to walk, just head over toward Italy and look for a space to watch. You'll find one.

TCD

You guys are the absolute best!!  

And like the total genius I am.... I just went & reserved the 4:20 time instead, which puts us into the 6:45 show which will give us more time between CP and Illuminations.  Traveling with my Dad- I thought that would be best.  He prefers "better safe than sorry" and this way if we WANT to use the preferred seating, we'll have much more time to get there, and if he wants to sit along the way somewhere- so be it!  "Problem" solved!  (for now :laugh:  )

I could be wrong about this, but I think there was a spot roped off near the theater for those with the reserved seats for the CP to watch Illuminations. 

Maybe they've changed things, but when we've done the dinner package the preferred viewing area was directly across the lagoon from the theater.  In other words, it was in the area between Damn Judi Dench and the lake, between the two boat docks over there. 

Maybe they've changed things, but when we've done the dinner package the preferred viewing area was directly across the lagoon from the theater.  In other words, it was in the area between Damn Judi Dench and the lake, between the two boat docks over there. 

I will defer to you, as I have never sprung for the package.  I just recall there being an area roped off to the left as you face the stage- this could have been roped off for some other group.  The area you refer to is much bigger.  The small area I'm referring to would not be able to accommodate everyone who had a dinner package.

TCD

I will defer to you, as I have never sprung for the package.  I just recall there being an area roped off to the left as you face the stage- this could have been roped off for some other group.  The area you refer to is much bigger.  The small area I'm referring to would not be able to accommodate everyone who had a dinner package.

TCD

You may be referring to the roped off area where you line up for the CP if you have the dinner package.  That's where we've always had to go to get in line....and without the package you line up on the other side of the theater. 

You may be referring to the roped off area where you line up for the CP if you have the dinner package.  That's where we've always had to go to get in line....and without the package you line up on the other side of the theater. 

Yes, it was in that area.  I thought I saw the CP package guests being shown to that area after the show for Illuminations viewing (we were at the last show for the night).  Since there is no practical way for the guests who bought the package to get to the area all the way around the lagoon in time, maybe the guests in the last show get to use the waiting area as a reserved viewing area?

TCD

Yes, it was in that area.  I thought I saw the CP package guests being shown to that area after the show for Illuminations viewing (we were at the last show for the night).  Since there is no practical way for the guests who bought the package to get to the area all the way around the lagoon in time, maybe the guests in the last show get to use the waiting area as a reserved viewing area?

TCD

That makes sense.  Which is why I doubt they do that. 

j/k....we've never done the last show so it is quite likely they utilize that area for those guests. 

• 4 weeks later...