Great Website for Photographers and Others

I've recently discovered http://www.creativelive.com.

Beginning at noon Eastern time they are holding a 6-hour class on my new camera.  I'm gonna watch the first few hours, and if it's good I'll pay the $29 fee to have any time access to it.  They have classes on all sorts of subjects from cameras to Photoshop, Premiere, and also some business and fitness classes.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Excerped from their site:

creativeLIVE unleashes the creative potential of millions by connecting them live with the world's most inspiring experts.
abt-002-splasha.png

Every artist is an entrepreneur. Every entrepreneur is an artist.

creativeLIVE empowers you to unleash your potential by bringing the world’s greatest experts directly to you, live. Featuring workshops in photography, video, design, business, audio, music, and software training, creativeLIVE unlocks previously closed doors by making dynamic education accessible to everyone.

Anyone can watch our live online workshops — for free — and interact with instructors in real time. The future of education is interactive, free, and live now. Join us.

Our History

creativeLIVE was founded in 2010 by Chase Jarvis and Craig Swanson, who partnered to create an online space where they could connect the world’s top creatives LIVE with a global audience of aspiring creative professionals.

The results were astounding. Within months, tens of thousands of users had watched live, free classes and a huge portion of them had also purchased the courses. Now streaming live from studios in Seattle and San Francisco, creativeLIVE has broadcast more than 250 courses to more than 1 million students worldwide.

Halfway through the course.  It's really great.  So much information presented in an easy-to-understand manner.  Live chat so you can ask questions.  I've already purchased the any-time access because it's all too much to absorb in one sitting.  Highly recommend these people!

The only downside is they are on the west coast.  So their six-hour sessions end at 6pm here.

Thank your for taking the class!

It bugs me to no end to see someone with a really nice camera who has no idea how to use it so they just set it on auto.  See it all the time at Fireworks time at WDW.  There are always a couple of geniuses whose flashes are going off while they snap away. Those are going to be some good fireworks photos. Not.

TCD

Thank your for taking the class!

It bugs me to no end to see someone with a really nice camera who has no idea how to use it so they just set it on auto.  See it all the time at Fireworks time at WDW.  There are always a couple of geniuses whose flashes are going off while they snap away. Those are going to be some good fireworks photos. Not.

TCD

I so agree ... flash operates 10-12 feet away ... they will get good pics of the people in front of them!

I will be operating this camera a great deal on auto, but I have programmed my preferences into at and am trying to push its limits.  Can't wait to try it out at WDW.

Fireworks are iffy.  Will take my tripod and remote and try different exposure lengths.

Actually, I've been corrected. He got the T5i

TCD, I agree with you. Jason knows a lot about DSLRs because this is the second one and he's read some stuff, but he could learn more and loves doing so. I think a lot of people never take them out of auto mode.

That's funny.... using a flash during fireworks!

I know my Canon T3i has many, many settings that I don't use.  Even after almost 2 years, honestly, I mostly use Auto, Auto without flash, and Sports mode without flash. 99.9% of my pics are purely for posting on here and my camper blog (which is woefully behind), so I don't think learning a lot of the extra settings will help what I use it for.  But yes, I agree, having the flash on for fireworks and other outside night time shots is pretty useless.