I did the 1st week of October a couple of years ago and it was PERFECT!  I was traveling with 5 little ones and we didnt wait long for anything.   I havent dont the Halloween party but I would love to and I can only guess during that time would be excellent as far as crowds go

If your only interest is short lines, then no, it probably isn't worth spending the money for MNSSHP tickets.  As Judy said above, September and October are times when you can enjoy the parks with less crowds, especially at rope drop or evening EMH's.

But, even as an annual passholder, I have often shelled out the extra money to attend one of the MNSSHP's.  For us, the special parade, fireworks, atmosphere and candy make it worth it.  We hardly ride any rides during the party.  Oh, and the people watching is the best.

TCD

For us, the special parade, fireworks, atmosphere and candy make it worth it. 

Ditto.  One of the fun things about the party is that lots of guests get dressed up, some in some pretty amazing costumes.

We've done both MVMCP and MNSSHP and enjoyed both. 

It's unlikely we'll do MVMCP again anytime soon, but we've already got our tickets for MNSSHP for this year.  :jumpforjoy

Coming from a non-pass holder, I really think its definatly worth it for around $60 bucks compared to the normal $90 or so. If they kept you out until the party started at 7 it probably would not be worth it. The 4pm entrance time is great. We have never had problems with lines usually after 8pm. IMHO. If I were a passholder I would not waste additional money. Sorry TCD. I can't see paying again for what you already paid for for a parade and candy

Sorry TCD. I can't see paying again for what you already paid for for a parade and candy

Well, those sneaky Disney people trick me by offering a slight discount to passholders on certain nights.  Personally, I agree with you, but my girls love the Halloween parties, and ask every year if we can go.

Seeing the Headless Horseman ride before the parade is pretty cool.

TCD

Well, those sneaky Disney people trick me by offering a slight discount to passholders on certain nights.  Personally, I agree with you, but my girls love the Halloween parties, and ask every year if we can go.

Seeing the Headless Horseman ride before the parade is pretty cool.

TCD

Agreed about the horseman. And bonus if you get a discount. Disney actually does that? I'm shocked

We've never been to MNSSHP but have gone to MVMCP twice.  David says never again.  I would like to experience MNSSHP just once.  But I agree with him that MVMCP isn't worth the money.  Heck, I'd just be happy if he would be willing to fork over the money for HDDR.