The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of dinner at the Kona Cafe, located at the Polynesian resort...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/08/06/guest-review-kona-cafe-dinner-at-disneys-polynesian-resort-2/

Excerpts...

California-Luau-Roll-600x392.jpg

California Luau Roll.

Pan-Asian-Noodles-with-Shrimp-600x608.jp

Pan-Asian Noodles with Shrimp.

Sesame-Seared-Sea-Scallops-600x522.jpg

Sesame Seared Sea Scallops.

chocolate-fondue-527x625.jpg

Chocolate fondue accompanied by fresh fruit, coconut macaroons, and peanut brittle.

Banana-Chocolate-Cr%C3%A8me-Brulee-600x5

Banana Chocolate Crème Brulee.

We really enjoyed our meal there. My friend's mom ordered the scallops and RAVED about them. Mom and I ordered the Pan-Asian Noodles and decided we liked them with chicken better than shrimp.

It was a great dinner! Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Love dinner at Kona. Ate there in June after taking a break and things are definitely better than what they had slipped to a few years back. The scallops are absolutely some of the best I've ever had. Also love the steak. It's sweet, but really tasty. Maybe I should write a restaurant review....

Love dinner at Kona. Ate there in June after taking a break and things are definitely better than what they had slipped to a few years back. The scallops are absolutely some of the best I've ever had. Also love the steak. It's sweet, but really tasty. Maybe I should write a restaurant review....

Great to hear as we actually have an ADR there in October with a couple of Fiends. 

And yes... yes you should.  8)

Tonga Toast or the Pancakes with pineapple and macadamia nut butter for breakfast at Kona.

For dinner at Trails End? Eat it all and go back for more!

Yep....the Tonga Toast is the specialty of the house.  If you prefer, you can save that for a different morning downstairs at Capn Cooks, where they have Tonga Toast for around $5.  If you do that, the pancakes at Kona are very good.  And get the coffee! 

Trails End for dinner.....buffet!  The baked potato bar is good if that's your thing, and they have some of the same food as at the Hoop de Doo.  Ribs and fried chicken!  They usually have a salmon choice that is really tasty too. 

Tonga Toast or the Pancakes with pineapple and macadamia nut butter for breakfast at Kona.

For dinner at Trails End? Eat it all and go back for more!

Yep....the Tonga Toast is the specialty of the house.  If you prefer, you can save that for a different morning downstairs at Capn Cooks, where they have Tonga Toast for around $5.  If you do that, the pancakes at Kona are very good.  And get the coffee! 

I get the big Kahuna so I can have a small serving of the Macadamia nut pineapple pancakes but I still get to have eggs. Sil loves the coffee. Make sure you get the French Press Pot of Kona. If you somehow don't finish it or want a second pot to go you can get to go cups for it.