If Lou gets that old "Disney feeling", all he has to do is drive over and soak up the magic.  

Is that another old inference?

Don't bite the hand that uses Photoshop.

My feeling is that hanging on to what most people throw away in order to keep the Disney feeling alive is not restricted to those living far away or that come infrequently.

A lot of the people that live within a reasonable driving distance to WDW also, but probably in other ways, keep the Disney feeling alive.

Yes, I'm next door to WDW, but I probably have more Disney crap than most people that live far away.

In the very early days of FastPass, there was a practical reason to keep old room keys as ANY Disney magnetic strip would get you a Fast Pass, active or expired, so with 1/2 a dozen room keys, you could go around the park, collect Fast Passes for everything, then go ride :)

It wasn't just room keys.  Anything with a magnetic strip would work-  a credit card, library card, anything.

That was great while it lasted.

TCD

You mean Disney missed the opportunity to collect data and post charges when people willingly inserted their credit card into a slot? 

Maybe they didn't miss the opportunity.

I know that I used a credit card once to see if it would work, and it did.  I always wondered what data was added to or taken from the card's magnetic strip.

TCD

You mean Disney missed the opportunity to collect data and post charges when people willingly inserted their credit card into a slot?

More importantant is the fact that Disney now know that TCD only reads Dr Suess from his local library.