My DW, DramaMama42, recently went through dozens of boxes in our garage.  She found many treasures including my childhood postcard collection!

See if you recognize the following postcards.  Who remembers what connection they have with Fort Wilderness?

country_bear_postcards2.jpg

They are from the Country Bear Jamboree, Melvin the Moose hangs inside the Country Bear Jamboree, and Melvin the Moose USED to be in a breakfast show at Pioneer Hall........

(But now hangs in Lou's living room after unmentioned Fiends went on a Mission to rescue him from storage backstage)............ (which is totally fictional BS from some very creative writers around here)

They are from the Country Bear Jamboree, Melvin the Moose hangs inside the Country Bear Jamboree, and Melvin the Moose USED to be in a breakfast show at Pioneer Hall........

(But now hangs in Lou's living room after unmentioned Fiends went on a Mission to rescue him from storage backstage)............ (which is totally fictional BS from some very creative writers around here)

My thoughts exactly, but other than Melvin what do they have to do with the fort?

The cards actually have have an even more direct connection to Fort Wilderness.  Any of you who spent time at the Fort as a kid in the late 70s or early 80s may know.  Adults from that time may know too, but especially the kids.

By the way, these postcards are made from the Imagineer concept art for Country Bear Jamboree. Very cool indeed.

Wow, I am shocked nobody figured it out.  Here's the answer:

During the late 70s and early 80s (not sure of the exact years) these postcards were available from a machine in the arcade at Pioneer Hall.  The machine was located (some of that time) near where the entrance is into Trail's End for table service.  The arcade filled that lower level at one time.

The cards were 5 or 10 cents each (if memory serves) and were randomly dispensed.  I remember being thrilled every time I managed to talk my dad out of pocket change for me to try and get a new card from the machine.

Seeing them again really made my day.  They are cherished memories of growing up in the Fort.

Wow, I am shocked nobody figured it out.  Here's the answer:

During the late 70s and early 80s (not sure of the exact years) these postcards were available from a machine in the arcade at Pioneer Hall.  The machine was located (some of that time) near where the entrance is into Trail's End for table service.  The arcade filled that lower level at one time.

The cards were 5 or 10 cents each (if memory serves) and were randomly dispensed.  I remember being thrilled every time I managed to talk my dad out of pocket change for me to try and get a new card from the machine.

Seeing them again really made my day.  They are cherished memories of growing up in the Fort.

Very cool!  I spent time at the Fort during those years but I don't remember seeing the postcard machine.  Thanks for posting!   It is always fun finding those little treasures that have been packed away for years.  

There is fictional BS on this site? 

:dropjaw: