• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I get them from?

Where can I refill them?

What beverages can I choose from to refill them?

TIA

Cerys

You can get them at the Trail's End take-out window, which is also where you can refill them. There's a selection of Coke products available (I believe some iced tea and lemonade options also), and there's a coffee machine as well.

I just saw somewhere that Disney is coming out with a whole new set of refillable mugs this year. Since the mugs are suppose to be for your length of that stay, are the old mugs no good for refills anymore?

I just saw somewhere that Disney is coming out with a whole new set of refillable mugs this year. Since the mugs are suppose to be for your length of that stay, are the old mugs no good for refills anymore?

That's the way it is supposed to work - length of stay only - unless you have a forever mug that was sold some years ago. 

That's the way it is supposed to work - length of stay only - unless you have a forever mug that was sold some years ago. 

I think the "forever mug" myth was debunked on voldemort a few months back.  There was no forever mug but the resorts each had unique mugs and they were not changed very often, hence an old mug would look like the current mug being sold, and Disney being Disney, they would rather let people refill old mugs than enforce rules and upset someone.  I also think many castmembers are unsure of the actual "length of stay" policy regarding the mugs and will allow guests to refill old mugs without blinking an eye, so it depends upon the person working the counter as to what can be filled and what can't. 

On one of my trips there I thought I saw a bar code sticker on a mug that had to be scanned before you could dispense a beverage. I do not remember where or what resort we stayed at when I saw that, it might have even been at a park, sorry getting old and the mind slips sometime  :rofl2:

The "lifetime" mug is not a myth.  I have one.  Actually, I have two.  The mugs made their first appearance in the early 1980's and were sold as lifetime mugs.  Nowhere on the mug does it state "good for length of stay" as appeared on the mugs around 1987.

Now - the current mugs are sold at 4 locations at the Fort as follows:

Trails End

Trails End Beverage Window

Meadow Pool Snack Bar

Meadow Trading Post

You can get soda & coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate at Trails End & Meadow Snack Bar

You can coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate at Meadow Trading Post

You can also be a cheap Fiend like me and buy them  for less than the 14.00 a piece on ebay.  I did this for my whole family that stayed during Thanksgiving.  Now mind you, I have enough mugs in my RV to lend to a whole herd of Fiends, however, I happen to be a lazy camper...I don't have a dishwasher.  I am the dishwasher.  I have bought as many mugs at Disney as I have on ebay and in fact, on our last trip to the Fort, the poor ladies at the register were working all by hand,  no computers.  I actually felt sorry for them because they, unlike us old people who have, had never been taught to work without starting at a computer screen.  (you mean I actually have to write the orders down????)  They gave us 3 free mugs!  So, I have a plethora of mugs.  I even go hunting for more on ebay that I like and don't have. :rofl2:  If I am caught, I am sternly warned to get off ebay!  :rofl2:

The "lifetime" mug is not a myth.  I have one.  Actually, I have two.  The mugs made their first appearance in the early 1980's and were sold as lifetime mugs.  Nowhere on the mug does it state "good for length of stay" as appeared on the mugs around 1987.

Now - the current mugs are sold at 4 locations at the Fort as follows:

Trails End

Trails End Beverage Window

Meadow Pool Snack Bar

Meadow Trading Post

You can get soda & coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate at Trails End & Meadow Snack Bar

You can coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate at Meadow Trading Post

Thanks for the info  :rofl2: Are these all self service? 

You can also be a cheap Fiend like me and buy them  for less than the 14.00 a piece on ebay.  I did this for my whole family that stayed during Thanksgiving.  Now mind you, I have enough mugs in my RV to lend to a whole herd of Fiends, however, I happen to be a lazy camper...I don't have a dishwasher.  I am the dishwasher.  I have bought as many mugs at Disney as I have on ebay and in fact, on our last trip to the Fort, the poor ladies at the register were working all by hand,  no computers.  I actually felt sorry for them because they, unlike us old people who have, had never been taught to work without starting at a computer screen.  (you mean I actually have to write the orders down????)  They gave us 3 free mugs!  So, I have a plethora of mugs.  I even go hunting for more on ebay that I like and don't have. ???  If I am caught, I am sternly warned to get off ebay!  :rofl2:

Plethora of mugs, sounds like something my DH would call a bunch of divvys  :rofl2:

I am often sturnly told I spend too much time on the internet so I tell him I'm looking at pictures of kitties, just don't bother to tell him bout the food bit  >:D :rofl2:

Here are 6 refillable mugs for 30 bucks and 10 bucks shipping.  6 mugs at 13 bucks is 78 dollars.  So, this would be a savings of 38 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Walt-Disney-World-2011-Resort-Refillable-Mugs-/290539920656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a5875d10

LOL Well I guess we all know now. I actually got caught trying to refill a old mug at the fort in 09. They told me no more refills in that cup.

What a crock of crap. I heard 2 lady cm;s outside of Trails End one night bitching about refill mugs and how these people have million dollar coaches but were too cheap to get a new mug. If someone told me that I'd say get me a manager. They act like it's taking from them personally.