• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? ???? Is soda really worth that?? I think not.

Yes it just not soda it is a service the was sold to a guest in good faith that they would be good forever now Disney is no longer honoring these mug. In 1991 I got a pass for 5 days and we only use 1 day of they can Disney tell me they will no longer honor the other 4 day. If I show up trying to use my pass and they said we never had a program like that that is wrong. Disney sold these mugs as Forever and they need to Honor that. I bet there are only a few hundred mugs still out there. In good guest serves let the people with these mugs have a pass

Yes it just not soda it is a service the was sold to a guest in good faith that they would be good forever now Disney is no longer honoring these mug. In 1991 I got a pass for 5 days and we only use 1 day of they can Disney tell me they will no longer honor the other 4 day. If I show up trying to use my pass and they said we never had a program like that that is wrong. Disney sold these mugs as Forever and they need to Honor that. I bet there are only a few hundred mugs still out there. In good guest serves let the people with these have a pass

Yes, but are you willing to waste thousands of dollars of your hard-earned money to let a lawyer throw letters at Disney and then go to court over it? Do you really understand how much money your precious mug will REALLY cost you then?

Yes, but are you willing to waste thousands of dollars of your hard-earned money to let a lawyer throw letters at Disney and then go to court over it? Do you really understand how much money your precious mug will REALLY cost you then?

No I have friends the are lawyer and they will send a letter tell Disney to show all doc about forever mugs. That will make Disney spend money to respond. I know every time Disney lawyer get in the game it is 75 thousand so is soda worth 75 thousand to them

I saw Small Claims Court mentioned. For that you don't need an attorney. The filing fee is minimal - Disney's cost would be much higher, because you know they WILL send an attorney. IF you have valid proof the program existed (photos, documents, etc) then Disney MIGHT not fight it since the number remaining is probably very small as you say - but they probably would.

If Disney was realistic about it, they would let the Forever Mug be forever, BUT when have the Bean Counters at Disney ever been realistic? They would rather spend Thousands to save a few dollars and just raise the price on other fees even higher.

The question is whether or not the Forever Mugs were a Fort Exclusive or everywhere on property?

With the turnover that could have occurred between then and now , how many Cast, let alone leaders, were around for the original incarnation of the program? I am sure that there are still some around, but there has been so much time that has passed and multiple messages that have confused the issue. Two weeks ago the Snack Bar refused to fill my current design YELLOW mug from a prior trip (apparently i am one of 5 people that bought yellow and it was discontinued) because it was not from this trip. I did not have an issue refilling my yellow mug at Trail's End or the Meadows Outpost Coffee stations.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Snack Bar deals with an overwhelming volume of refills in paper cups ALL DAY EVERYDAY and there is little that the Cast can do about it but enforce a little used policy that noone else (except for the RFID machine at All-Star) does.

Dear Mr. Kern,

Thank you for your email to the Walt Disney World Resort.

I apologize for the confusion you have had regarding the mugs you

purchased during your vacation in 1988. After speaking with many of our

partners in the Resort and Food and Beverage, they have informed me that

the Guest mug is refillable during their current stay only. For

additional stays, a new mug needs to be purchased in order to receive

free refills. This mug is not available for refills on future stays at

the Resort. Each refill station explains that the refillable mug plan is

available for the current stay only. We apologize if you were given

incorrect information after purchasing your mug in 1988. The refill

option on the souvenir mug has always been extended for the current stay

only. We have many repeat visitors, and to allow every Guest a ?lifetime

of refills? would greatly impact the business success of our Food and

Beverage locations. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have

you as our Guest, but the souvenir mug refill plan applies to the

current stay only, whether our Guests are here for the first time, or if

they are frequent visitors.

Once again, I apologize for the misinformation and confusion surrounding

the subject, and I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for

you. If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact me

and I would be happy to find the best answer to your questions.

I hope you have a fantastic visit this weekend!

Sincerely,

Guest Services

Walt Disney World Resort

Can I get this cup refilled

IMG_4069.jpg

just kidding I buy at least 1 mug every trip this time it was 2.

My old fort mugs no longer have anything on them @#$@ dishwasher

maybe I should sell my mug collection on ebay. I saw an old Fort mug go for about $60.00

I have some of those too. :jumpforjoy