Hello from the S. Carolina coast.

Hello, Scott. I don't post much, usually just lurk, BUT...... we are planning a trip to the Savannah area next month, any pointers, suggestions?

Hi. Where are you planning to camp? Skidaway Island State Park has a nice campground. No sewer, though. Stay away from a campground called the Biltmore. The neighborhood is kind of questionable in my opinion. Also check out Ft. McAllister State Park which is in Richmond Hill, GA. As for things to do in Savannah, lots of shops and restaurants on Riverstreet downtown. Take a carriage tour or a ghost tour of the historic district. Visit some of the old forts like Pulaski or Jackson. Savannah is an old city. It has always reminded me of New Orleans.

We are camping at James Island for 3 days then Hunting Island for 3 days.  Our adult daughter will be with us and she loves New Orleans, that's one reason we thought we would like Savannah.  We plan on visiting Fort Sumter and Fort Johnson and doing some biking and walking tours.  Any suggestions for restaurants?

Any suggestions for restaurants?

I would suggest two in Beaufort. Wren's is located downtown on Carteret St. In Port Royal, try Dockside. You will have to pass through Beaufort on your way out to Hunting Island. A long time ago, I used to go to Johnson Creek Tavern on Harbor Island. It is located right before the small bridge before the entrance to the campground on Hunting. Hope you have a good time.

I don't get it.

You must be both a smartass and a beerdrinker, so you're okay.

We are camping at James Island for 3 days then Hunting Island for 3 days.  Our adult daughter will be with us and she loves New Orleans, that's one reason we thought we would like Savannah.  We plan on visiting Fort Sumter and Fort Johnson and doing some biking and walking tours.  Any suggestions for restaurants?

Unless you are right on the beach at Hunting Island, take tons of bug spray.  I absolutely love that campground, but the mosquitos are fierce.  Last time we camped there, we vowed never again unless we can get a beachside site.  The ocean breeze keeps the bugs away from those campsites, but even the campsites right across form those are suffer a great deal.

Unless you are right on the beach at Hunting Island, take tons of bug spray.  I absolutely love that campground, but the mosquitos are fierce.  Last time we camped there, we vowed never again unless we can get a beachside site.  The ocean breeze keeps the bugs away from those campsites, but even the campsites right across form those are suffer a great deal.

Actually, the mosquito is the State bird here in the SC Lowcountry.