Has anyone bought this yet? We were tossing around the idea for Christmas but know we need to get ASAP or we won't be able to find it. We would be getting the Wii version. I know Chip and Co just got their copy for Wii to review so I'm waiting to see what they say.

Can't help with info, but did run across this interesting related tidbit...

The new Disney Infinity video game was released this week on all the gaming systems and has been very well received. The game comes with a base that you use with the many Disney character figures and Power Discs that are sold separately. When you place a figure or disc on the base, it’s added to the game. But it’s not well known that you can also add the Disney Dragon and more to the game if you’re one of the lucky ones who has tested Disney Parks’ new MagicBands.

The MagicBands are a new feature coming to Walt Disney World, which will replace guests’ tickets, room keys, Fastpasses and more. (Read more about them Here.) Guests staying at certain Disney World resorts have been offered the ability to test the MagicBands over the last few months. They’re expected to fully launch later this year. So you may need to wait until your next Disney World vacation to get your hands on one. Or at least book your next trip. (The bands are mailed to you ahead of time.)

We read about this ability at Zannaland.com, so we had to try it out for ourselves. As reported, when we touched a MagicBand (supplied by MouseSteps.com) to the base hooked to our XBOX 360, a message popped up on our television screen saying “Dragon Gate” was added to our Toy Box (Toy Box is the open environment building area of the game). Once we placed the Dragon Gate, a new toy appeared called Dragon’s Flight Sky. And sure enough, a fire breathing Disney dragon, just like the one that flew over New Fantasyland late last year, appeared in the sky of the game. So we hopped in our Dumbo ride vehicle and chased him down. But we also discovered the MagicBand gave us a whole new prebuilt Toy Box to play in called “Dragon’s Keep”.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2013/08/22/disney-worlds-magicbands-unlock-the-disney-dragon-and-new-toy-box-in-disney-infinity-video-game/

Yes I have it and yes, I have the Dragon too. Just place your Magic Band on the hexagonal position and the dragon will appear.

I love the game. The only downside is all the extras you have to purchase to fully enjoy the game. In order to play a character or in a new world, you have to buy the figure or icon. To use all the extra enhancements (new weapons, power boosts, vehicles, ex.) you have to buy the power disks.

But the game play is awesome. I like that you can play in a generic world (the toy box), create your own world, or play in the worlds of the characters (radiator springs, pirates cove, incredibles, ex.). One thing to make note of if you plan on playing as a family. In order for both players to play in one of the worlds, you must use a character figure from that world. So the starter set only comes with one each Capt Jack, Mr Incredible, and Sulley. So you would need to buy another figure from one of the worlds for two people to play at the same time.

Im not sure of the reasons yet, but you can link your Infinity game account with your my Disney experience account as well. Im sure the reasons will be rolled out later, but  can see with the magic bands and linking of the accounts, in park benefits could be added (like the dragon).

I give the game a 4 out of 5 with the only reason for the mark down being the cost. It can get out of control quickly as more and more figures and power disks are released.

I agree the Disneyland game is a PITA, but Infinity is pretty easy. It does have a steep learning curve though. The instructions are 3 pages and do not cover much more than what buttons do what. So you learn as you go.

But kids these days should have no problem picking it up easily.  

Has anyone bought this yet? We were tossing around the idea for Christmas but know we need to get ASAP or we won't be able to find it. We would be getting the Wii version.

Ditto for us. 

Yes I have it and yes, I have the Dragon too. Just place your Magic Band on the hexagonal position and the dragon will appear.

I love the game. The only downside is all the extras you have to purchase to fully enjoy the game. In order to play a character or in a new world, you have to buy the figure or icon. To use all the extra enhancements (new weapons, power boosts, vehicles, ex.) you have to buy the power disks.

I give the game a 4 out of 5 with the only reason for the mark down being the cost. It can get out of control quickly as more and more figures and power disks are released.

Thanks for the info, Dave!

Awesome. Thanks. Looks like we should buy it and start assigning family members extra pieces to get Adam for Christmas and his birthday.

That's what I would do. Get the starter pack now, then for Christmas, get him the extras. Some can be bought as singles or they can be bought as sets. We bought the starter set and a Cars set that had Lightning McQueen, Porsche, and Radiator Springs icon.

One note about the power disks. You cannot choose which ones you buy. You get a pack of them and what's inside is a crap shoot. The idea is to collect them and trade for what you need/want. Some are more rare than others.