MK has it's Halloween on

It's too early!  I can't let go of summer yet!  Not ready for fall/winter when we haven't had a decent summer!  When is all the warm weather arriving?

I'm ready for winter. When is all the warm weather departing?

I'm ready for winter. When is all the warm weather departing?

I don't know, but please send it our way!  We haven't had a summer here.  Not even one week where I could leave the top down on the ragtop.  Way more rain than we need.  It's not been 95 every day for a single week.  Pitiful!

I live for summer and have another 9 months of depression to face while hoping next summer is better.

Florida is disgustingly hot. Every year I say this is the hottest summer yet. If I could find a compareable paying job and not deal with the outrageous taxes of New York State, I would move back in a heartbeat. Florida may have the mouse and the fort but this hot weather and lack of seasons they can keep

Florida is disgustingly hot. Every year I say this is the hottest summer yet. If I could find a compareable paying job and not deal with the outrageous taxes of New York State, I would move back in a heartbeat. Florida may have the mouse and the fort but this hot weather and lack of seasons they can keep

Wanna trade houses?

Looks good.  I agree it's too early.  But, our local CVS has a big display selling Halloween candy, so it's not just Disney.

Harold- are you able to use your Magic Bands now for day visits?

TCD

Yes the MB have our APs on them and we use them all the time now to enter the parks and make FP+. (Which really worked great for us this trip) They even came in handy as a backup to our room keys. We stayed at WL (I think its official we are not deluxe resort guest) I had set up charging privileges on our room keys but I somehow entered the wrong pin #  twice when we set them up so they didn't work. We stopped at the front desk after eating to have the pin# reset, something I thought would be quick and simple. 

WRONG 

The young lady "trying " to help us after 10 min of working on the problem excused herself and went in the back office. 10 min later when she hadn't reappeared we told another CM if she ever shows back up to tell her never mind we were only staying 1 night and had already eaten dinner. Foolish me I thought I would just have to show ID and she would push a button or 2 after scanning our card and I would punch my pin # and we would be off.  But apparently congress is involved somehow.   

And it gets better.

About 20 mins later we get a call on the room phone from an annoyed front desk CM telling me we had left before they could finish rebooking our reservation(Apparently that's what it take to fix the pin # a whole new reservation) and that we needed to come back to the front desk to get new cards. I told him that was ok we didn't need new cards we were leaving in the morning anyway. Then he said  well you will not be able to get in your room.  I sat on my bed in my room thinking about this and I asked  If I can't get back in my room why did you call me on my room phone?  He thought about it for a few seconds and it hit him.  How did you get in your room. I used my MB and I also checked and my regular AP card also opened my door. I had not even tried the cards WL had given us. He said well you wont have charging privileges anymore and I said that's fine I never had them anyway. That's only about half my WL story but you have been through enough for what should have been a simple one word answer.

So Yes we use our MB on day trips. Aren't sorry you ask.   

Yes the MB have our APs on them and we use them all the time now to enter the parks and make FP+. (Which really worked great for us this trip) They even came in handy as a backup to our room keys. We stayed at WL (I think its official we are not deluxe resort guest) I had set up charging privileges on our room keys but I somehow entered the wrong pin #  twice when we set them up so they didn't work. We stopped at the front desk after eating to have the pin# reset, something I thought would be quick and simple. 

WRONG 

The young lady "trying " to help us after 10 min of working on the problem excused herself and went in the back office. 10 min later when she hadn't reappeared we told another CM if she ever shows back up to tell her never mind we were only staying 1 night and had already eaten dinner. Foolish me I thought I would just have to show ID and she would push a button or 2 after scanning our card and I would punch my pin # and we would be off.  But apparently congress is involved somehow.   

And it gets better.

About 20 mins later we get a call on the room phone from an annoyed front desk CM telling me we had left before they could finish rebooking our reservation(Apparently that's what it take to fix the pin # a whole new reservation) and that we needed to come back to the front desk to get new cards. I told him that was ok we didn't need new cards we were leaving in the morning anyway. Then he said  well you will not be able to get in your room.  I sat on my bed in my room thinking about this and I asked  If I can't get back in my room why did you call me on my room phone?  He thought about it for a few seconds and it hit him.  How did you get in your room. I used my MB and I also checked and my regular AP card also opened my door. I had not even tried the cards WL had given us. He said well you wont have charging privileges anymore and I said that's fine I never had them anyway. That's only about my WL stories but you have been through enough for what should have been a simple one word answer.

So Yes we use our MB on day trips. Aren't sorry you ask.   

I enjoyed that story.  It reinforces my belief that these Magic Bands are going to create an awful mess before the bugs get worked out.  And I think that will take a long, long time.

So, I'm jealous now. If I had booked a one night trip at Pop Century last month, I'd have Magic Bands now, and could use them and get paper Fastpasses for as long as that lasts, right?

TCD

I enjoyed that story.  It reinforces my belief that these Magic Bands are going to create an awful mess before the bugs get worked out.  And I think that will take a long, long time.

So, I'm jealous now. If I had booked a one night trip at Pop Century last month, I'd have Magic Bands now, and could use them and get paper Fastpasses for as long as that lasts, right?

TCD

we can book FP+ and use regular FP until Disney closes the loophole.   

But the MB had nothing to do with the problem at WL.   I had asked the CM when we checked in if the MB would work at WL and she said no. But when the WL key didn't work the food CM saw my band and told me to see if it would scan and it did but my pin # was still wrong. SO the MB saved the day and let me in my room. After they had canceled and re did my reservation it still linked to my account so the MB instantly worked. I see where Disney is going to save a fortune in card keys alone if they ever get the system fully integrated.