Vintage WDW - Cinderella Castle Construction

ImagineeringDisney has some awesome photos of the original construction of Cinderella's Castle...

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2013/9/10/wdw-construction-cinderella-castle.html

Excerpts...

OSHA would have a field day nowadays with the last pic with the guy riding the crane

OSHA would have a field day nowadays with the last pic with the guy riding the crane

DH showed me some video of workers climbing a 1,700 antenna tower, they take an elevator for most but then climb the rest. They aren't required to be clipped on! DH and I were wondering how that was OSHA approved?!?

I'm going to find the video, it was making me sick watching it!

I can't imagine doing that. I don't like to climb higher than like the 3rd step on a step ladder. You can walk over some of the bridge here that cross the Delware River and I wouldn't want to do that either. I'm okay with driving but would never want to walk. Although I HATE being the first car that gets stopped when they open for ships to pass under. I'm always afraid I will get rear ended and pushed off the bridge into the river.

What do those guys make per hour? Or maybe there payed by the foot.

Average Salary and Pay Scale

Data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2011 show that radio, cellular and tower equipment installers and repairs made a mean annual wage of $44,250. This group includes transmission tower climbers. The lowest-paid 10 percent earned less than $26,200 per year and $12.60 per hour, while the highest-paid 10 percent earned $67,660 or more per year and $32.53 or more per hour. The national average was $21.27 per hour.

Pay by State

Transmission tower workers in Washington reported the highest average earnings by state in 2011, at $56,950 per year and $27.38 per hour. Other high-paying states for this occupation were Missouri, Alaska, Nevada and Kentucky, all of which paid tower climbers average annual salaries of more than $52,000. Montana, Michigan and West Virginia reported some of the lowest earnings for tower climbers, at an average of less than $35,000 per year.

Pay by Employment Sector

In 2011, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that tower workers employed by wireless telecommunications companies averaged $49,250 per year and $23.68 per hour. This was far more than the average earnings of tower climbers employed by wired telecommunications carriers, who averaged $36,260 per year and $17.43 per hour. Government workers reported average hourly wages of $26.29 per hour and annual income of about $54,700 per year.