We are going to have to try the water proofing. We have a few winter blow ups and they do get a lot of water in them.

Yes, the whole point of these things is for them to be outside.  That waterproof spray is meant to spray on fabric that's going to be outside.  This seems like the logical thing to use over starch or hairspray.  I definitely wouldn't put spray paint on the nylon fabric.  I don't think that would be good.

TCD

Yes, the whole point of these things is for them to be outside.  That waterproof spray is meant to spray on fabric that's going to be outside.  This seems like the logical thing to use over starch or hairspray.  I definitely wouldn't put spray paint on the nylon fabric.  I don't think that would be good.

TCD

I agree the waterproofing would probably be the best, but I was trying to be frugal.  I have 7  figures out for Halloween, most are the giant sized ones, and I have about another 8 for Christmas. One is a huge Snow Globe.  I imagine I would need a case of the waterproofing spray!

It took about 1 1/4 cans to do a 12x12 easyup.  I would only use as much as needed to (I know this is trouble) get them to stand up. Also note the waterproofing spray will darken the fabric some.  I am hoping I can do only the very top and then some down the backside.  Using too much may burn the blower motor out by making it work too hard.

It took about 1 1/4 cans to do a 12x12 easyup.  I would only use as much as needed to (I know this is trouble) get them to stand up. Also note the waterproofing spray will darken the fabric some.  I am hoping I can do only the very top and then some down the backside.  Using too much may burn the blower motor out by making it work too hard.

That's a good idea.  I have a small Mickey, and I can feel the air seeping out the beige part of his nose/snout.  Maybe it's the heat down here in FL that messes with the fabric and makes it more porus.