If they don't give you a good price on trading in your old passes and you need money to buy your AP. maybe you can sell them.

Several years ago a friend of a friend inherited two no expiration day 5 day passes and we bought them for our up coming trip. We saved some money and they made some money. I don't know if that is possible or legal with type of tickets. But if you decide to sell them and they have the waterparks option let me know. We are going in may and would interested in purchasing them from you.

P.S. if I haven't said it before. Please thank your DH for his service and thank you and you kids for your sacrifice. Tell your little ones that we appreciate them letting their daddy defend our freedoms and that he's a real American hero.

God bless!

I don't want to get too far off the subject here, but in my view, the sit-down meals are grossly overpriced at WDW.  So, "saving" money eating there doesn't make financial sense to me.  How exactly is paying 20% less for something that costs double what it should saving money?

Eating at a sit down restaurant in WDW is a rare treat for us.  We don't do it often enough to justify a TIW card.

TCD

But aren't the counter service meals grossly overpriced too?

Eating at a sit down restaurant is a treat for us too.  We try not to do it more than every other day.  I cook/freeze a lot of meals at home to keep expenses down.  

And it's different for us.  We're lucky to make it to WDW twice a year.  If I lived nearby and could visit several times a year my perspective would be like yours.

Because of Dad passing away, we haven't had a vacation in a year.  Just occasionally a day trip out of town to visit one of the kids.  We don't want to spend all our days at WDW being responsible for feeding 8 people and cleaning up after them.  We deserve a break too!

I don't want to get too far off the subject here, but in my view, the sit-down meals are grossly overpriced at WDW.  So, "saving" money eating there doesn't make financial sense to me.  How exactly is paying 20% less for something that costs double what it should saving money?

What does one buffet dinner meal at Trail's End cost?

Compare that to the cost of a take out chicken dinner.  Or a pizza.

Eating at a sit down restaurant in WDW is a rare treat for us.  We don't do it often enough to justify a TIW card.

TCD

For just me and the girls, I agree.  We did the dining plan this past August(Me, Hubs and one child) and while it was fun and easier than me cooking, it probably wasn't worth it for us.  

I have a few character meals spread out over our next trip but I'm still not 100% sure on keeping them because its not the best way to spend our money with the girls being so young.  Granted I'm only paying for myself and one child but with our dietary restrictions we don't get the moneys worth, it's mostly for the experience and their joy.

I agree with many here on the TIW cards. We bought one in April at a FL discount rate of $125. Although the sit down rest are over priced we enjoy going to them on our trips. We are usually fort only visitors since at this time we do not have AP's. For 4 of us the bill is usually close to $100 for a good rest. The 20% usually will cover the tip. Most trips we hit 4 restaurants so it paid to itself in one trip

The way we eat, TIW would be great for us. We cook a lot, but when we eat out, it's usually one of the more expensive choices. And we drink. So 20% of those is a good deal. That said, the dining plan doesn't make sense for us because of the way we eat.

I called the Disney people this evening to get some info on the APs and specifically ask about our tickets.  Its a no go.  Any tickets to switch over have to be done within 14 days of the purchase, in our case sometime in the early 90's.  

I called the Disney people this evening to get some info on the APs and specifically ask about our tickets.  Its a no go.  Any tickets to switch over have to be done within 14 days of the purchase, in our case sometime in the early 90's.  

Is that a new policy?

I know with some tickets you have to use a day first, but I don't know enough to tell you what to do for sure.

Actually it is within 14 of first use. You should be able to do it if you haven't used any days yet.

See, thats what I thought.  I think my options are to wait until we go and if I'm still denied than save them go to Shades of Green and purchase our Military AP.  

On a side note, I called AAA in our area and they don't do AP's but they still offer a "no expiration" option for their tickets.  

We have invested in Annual Passes for all of us for years.  We get the park hopper option also.  A lot of people do not think the PH is worth paying for but for us it is.  Sometimes our children (in wheel chairs) get tired or one park and Shawnee will ask to go to another specific park.  We can do this easily.  Sometimes they offer a discount if you renew your annual pass 30 days before of after the expiration date on the ones you now have.  Ours this year expire in March 2014.  Not sure how but they had our tickets all "messed"  up a year ago and when the girl finally got it straightened out she added some extra time to it for us.  She was great.  So on the last purchase of annual passes we have made trips in December/January 2012/2013, April 2013 and now will be there from December 9 to January 5th, 2014.  And will still have until March to use the tickets again.

So, yes, we think the AP is the way to go.  We have never purchased the TIW but may have to look into it because we do have some sit down meals.

Only 7 more weeks till we are back with the Mouse.  Can't wait. :heartsmiley:  :partythree:   :fairydust:   :wheelchair: