Jungle Cruise Goes ‘Jingle Cruise’ for the Holidays at Disneyland Park & Magic Kingdom Park

So tell me, Jungle Cruise fans.... I've heard that it's different at night.  Is that true?

I have to differ with some earlier posts.  I find Jungle Cruise very different at night.  The light only coming from the boat is part of it -- less of the surroundings are illuminated which gives everything a more eerie feel.  Also, if you get the right skipper, some of the night-based jokes are extremely funny.  My favorite was when our skipper made the elephant "teleport" from one side of the boat to the other by using the lights creatively.

I have not seen Jingle Cruise yet.  The video I watched (not sure if it was the one posted here) was underwhelming, but that was largely due to a very average skipper.  The skipper makes or breaks Jungle Cruise.  There are a few cast members for whom I would wait an hour if I knew they were going to be my skipper.  The experience is just that different.

I have to differ with some earlier posts.  I find Jungle Cruise very different at night.  The light only coming from the boat is part of it -- less of the surroundings are illuminated which gives everything a more eerie feel.  Also, if you get the right skipper, some of the night-based jokes are extremely funny.  My favorite was when our skipper made the elephant "teleport" from one side of the boat to the other by using the lights creatively.

I have not seen Jingle Cruise yet.  The video I watched (not sure if it was the one posted here) was underwhelming, but that was largely due to a very average skipper.  The skipper makes or breaks Jungle Cruise.  There are a few cast members for whom I would wait an hour if I knew they were going to be my skipper.  The experience is just that different.

OK, riding it in the dark is different than riding it during the day.  But, it's the same ride- just in the dark. Each ride varies-day or night-according to the skipper. 

Using your definition of different. the same thing could be said about riding the WDW railroad, Dumbo, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain,  Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, or any other attraction with an outside element.  The lighting at night can make for a different experience, but it's the exact same attraction that you rode during the day.

TCD

A few years ago I heard that if you happened to find yourself on a late night Jungle Cruise ride without any children on it you might get more adult themed jokes.  I haven't witnessed this myself, though.  Thrill and I rode it once around 11 pm - last ride of the night I think, but there were still young kids on our boat. 

• 3 weeks later...

We rode this Sunday night and wad very disappointed. I'm not that big of a fan of the jungle cruise but I wanted to see how much hey "transformed it for the holidays. The que looked great but not one holiday item except for the dock across from wear you board the boats had some lights and the boats were renamed. The thing that got me a little perturbed was that we wasted waiting 45 minutes in line on a MVMCP. O well, I guess we would have never known if we didn't go