I'm tired of marshmallows, how do you like your hotdog

I like mine cooked outside on the grill with little burn marks on it.  Then I put it in a toasted but with just spicy mustard.  Yum!!!

I'd have to say that I prefer the marks to be on my buns, rather than my weiner. However, as long as it is hot, juicy, and sizzling I'm happy.

(I'm talking about my hot dog, what were you thinking about?)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like mine cooked outside on the grill with little burn marks on it.  Then I put it in a toasted but with just spicy mustard.  Yum!!!

I'd have to say that I prefer the marks to be on my buns, rather than my weiner. However, as long as it is hot, juicy, and sizzling I'm happy.

(I'm talking about my hot dog, what were you thinking about?)

Phew!!!  I was starting to worry...    :dance:

How about a Bacon wrapped Hot Dog deep fried! drool.gif

Ooooh, baby!! Oooooh, baby!!  Now you are talking some GOOD EATS!!

I like hot dogs just about any way they can be cooked!  I even like them cold - right out of the package.  But by far my favorite way is slightly burned on a grill with ketchup and mustard.  Oh gawrsh....this is making me hungry & I'm fresh outta hot dogs!!

I was going to say I like mine with ketchup, mustard, chili on a bun and without the weiner... but considering how this thread is going.. maybe not!

The way this thread is going, you are probably safer ordering a salad.

Okay, back on topic....  Carolina Packers "Red" Wienies, boiled, then placed in a steamed bun with chopped onions, homemade chili, slaw and mustard.

Ah...do we have to?  Because Carolina Packers is just waiting for a snarky comment......

But who here would ever be snarky ;D

Packer? you brought her... :rofl2:

(I like my hot dogs with ketchup.  Sometimes with cheese.  Sometimes with chili and cheese.  Sometimes with kraut and spicy mustard.  Never plain...)

What's a dog without the dressing?

LOVE! me some bratwurst steamed in beer.. Who am I kidding I LOVE Sausage almost as much as bacon..mmm BACON!

The family loves their brats steamed in beer.  Serve it with cooked onions and peppers with honey mustard....oh I know what will be on the menu one night this week!  Oh and this is when I splurge on the better rolls to put  them on.

Now hotdogs, on the grill slightly to moderate burnt, on a bun with mustard katchup, cheese and pickle.  Anybody from the Lehigh Valley PA?  I miss Pott's Dogs in Bethlehem or Yacco's in Emmaus. :rofl2:

Hebrew Nationals; steamed in beer (it's all Granddad's fault - as PureTCrazy indicated); topped with Sloppy Joe mix, chopped onion and grilled hot peppers; dosed with a good splash of hot sauce ... all on a bun that has been smeared with butter and grilled.

I like hot dogs just about any way they can be cooked!  I even like them cold - right out of the package.

Right out of the package dredged through Onion Dip - who needs potato chips!

Nathan's hot dogs (the big ones), I have a case in my freezer.

My favorite way - Roasted over an open fire, then put Goulden's mustard on the bun, add the hotdog, chili, finely grated cheddar cheese, & onions.

Next favorite way - steamed in beer, add Goulden's mustard, then a sauted mix of onions, yellow, red, & green peppers.

Does anyone still have white hots? I remember as a kid in NY we used to go to a hot dog joint for white hot dogs, but haven't seen them since. Maybe a northern thing?