Well, we have done the Illuminations Cruise at EPCOT and decided to try the Wishes Cruise on our December trip.  Being less than two months away I figured all spots would be booked, but called last night.  I could have either the small or large boat any night I wanted to go during our trip.

So, this tells me that booking of the fireworks cruises is down, or they added a bunch of boats and I'll be out there in a huge group of boats.

When I have done the Wishes cruise in the past Dave they took you around 7 Seas Lagoon and into and around Bay Lake. This lasted about an hour or so.

They then park right in front of the Magic Kingdom and they pipe in the music for the fireworks.

There may have been an option for refreshments you could pay extra for and I know they allowed you to bring some of your own refreshments on board.  

On our last trip a few weeks ago we saw a lot of boats with colored rope type lights on them at night. I think they have added boats or maybe just added lights to the boats so now you can see how many are out there. Either way it was a lot and these were all out in Bay lake.