A weird thing happened today, at least for me. As some may know I started a trip report here a few days ago. Today about 3pm, my wife gets a post on Facebook that states "I" liked some forum board company with a link to my trip report. I never "liked" that on Facebook. I deleted the like but how does this happen? Is it a. Ff.net thing or a Facebook thing? Thanks

that is a second and third party thing, not us

the only links we have on facebook is the ones we put on our page  :)

and of course the ones our members put on their statuses, however, that one is definitely a third party solicitation

If it was from Invision Power, that's the company that provides our forum software. It might have done that if you liked the post, maybe. If it happens again, could you get a screenshot before deleting the like? That'd help track it down.

Invision power was exactly who it was from. I thought it was weird since I did not "like" any post on here or Facebook. Also strange how it linked it to me since I have no last name linked to FF or anything Facebook. I don't like it especially when weird computer stuff happens like this. Makes me think their hacking my personal stuff

Many of the other people in my life don't do disney. They also don't camp. I like to think that what I post here, isn't going to be seen there. I wonder if there's a way to block it? 

BTW - while we're on the subject of facebook... can anyone tell me how to make everything on my fb private to the public except my name/profile pics? I've tried everything and still can't figure out how to get rid of the recent activity box...

Many of the other people in my life don't do disney. They also don't camp. I like to think that what I post here, isn't going to be seen there. I wonder if there's a way to block it? 

BTW - while we're on the subject of facebook... can anyone tell me how to make everything on my fb private to the public except my name/profile pics? I've tried everything and still can't figure out how to get rid of the recent activity box...

I totally agree with you. I am not new to Facebook but only until recently I started using it more often. I do not want to mix my postings on here with Facebook so all can read. If this happens again I'm afraid I will have to cancel my account here. I can't believe I am the only one this has happened to on here from Invision power. This really disturbs me

One thing to remember is that trip reports are on the part of this site that anyone can see.

I understand that, but like you, I don't want it all over my Facebook page for people I haven't talked to in years for them to read about my vacations. If they wander to FF.net, then all the power to them

I don't mind public posts on ff. I just don't want it linked to my personal fb. We do the same with Starla's cosplay - that's why she has a cosplay page not in her legal name.

I'd never stop posting here b/c I like fiends much better than most of the other people in my world. It will make me think more before posting pics or some other details though if TRs start getting linked to our fb pages...

I totally agree with you. I am not new to Facebook but only until recently I started using it more often. I do not want to mix my postings on here with Facebook so all can read. If this happens again I'm afraid I will have to cancel my account here. I can't believe I am the only one this has happened to on here from Invision power. This really disturbs me

If you don't take a screen shot of it (and that goes for anyone), we can't help you in this type of situation.  We can certainly offer to go somewhere else if they start to harass our members here with their marketing, which is not what we signed up for.  We are not soliciting except on our own pages, however, no help can be given until you can provide some help to us. 

Invision power was exactly who it was from. I thought it was weird since I did not "like" any post on here or Facebook. Also strange how it linked it to me since I have no last name linked to FF or anything Facebook. I don't like it especially when weird computer stuff happens like this. Makes me think their hacking my personal stuff

Dave, please understand when I say this I am not saying you did something you didn't do....but I see on the bottom of this page there is a FB "Like" button.  And I know I have accidentally clicked on many things while browsing, in particular when I am on a tablet or a smart phone when browsing.  I am just wondering if you accidentally clicked the "Like" button?  That would then show up on your facebook page for your FB friends to see.  It is easy to do on a touch screen when you are scrolling through pages.  Just a thought. 

Dave, please understand when I say this I am not saying you did something you didn't do....but I see on the bottom of this page there is a FB "Like" button.  And I know I have accidentally clicked on many things while browsing, in particular when I am on a tablet or a smart phone when browsing.  I am just wondering if you accidentally clicked the "Like" button?  That would then show up on your facebook page for your FB friends to see.  It is easy to do on a touch screen when you are scrolling through pages.  Just a thought. 

lots of things happen on phones and tablets with fingers that are not designed to hit small buttons....just sayin.

Dave, this is a very valid point and needs to be considered as well.

However, if the button was not pushed, there are issues Chris and I need to address.  I just need more information.