That's good because in the near future, there wont be any KTTW cards to look at. The MBs will be your KTTW card. But not every one with a MB is a resort guest. So just looking for bands isn't enough. This will cut down on those who carry old cards and work the system too.

One bad thing is that it will take time to scan every individual MB.

Now, you can just flash your KTTW cards, and you're good.  Very, very rarely do the CM's actually try to read the KTTW cards. That's how people cheat the system, I'm sure.

I think the slight delay for scanning each MB will be worth it, though, as it will eliminate those trying to cheat the system.

TCD

We are not EMH people because of DD(9). So I've often wondered how they get the no resort guest out of the parks. Are do they check for KTTW cards all over the parks or just if you go on a ride?

Unless they start doing it now with the MB's, they don't make everyone leave the parks for EMH.  They just check KTTW cards for those entering the attractions.  Non-resort guests were free to stay and spend money at the shops and restaurants. It sounds like the only thing new is that instead of a visual check of the KTTW cards, they are now scanning either the MB or KTTW card.

This isn't how it always was. Up until a few years ago, you would have to check in at a designated location at the start of the EMH to get a wristband.  They did used to chase everyone without a wristband out of the parks.  That hasn't been the case for several years now.

As a resort guest, I liked the wristband way better.  But Disney likes money-so they were happy to leave non resort guests in the park to spend their money but not ride any attractions.

TCD

Maybe they could do this at the Fort Pool.......

Now there's an idea. I would love a fence around the pool with a Mickey head scanner at the gate. That's what the main pool at AOA has but the problem is that the gate is a heavy metal gate and people leave it open