Backyard Barbeque - Heated

Unless we get an unusual cold snap, December in Florida is generally warm weather.  You should be able to get by in sweaters, hoodies, and the dreaded long pants and shoes with socks.

Saying that, one Christmas we did had freezing temps and ice on the fences from watering the plants to save them.

I don't know if they have heaters, but you can call the front desk, and they should be able to let you know.  407-824-2900

I don't know if they have heaters, but you can call the front desk, and they should be able to let you know.  407-824-2900

Bad answer.

Do not call the front desk.

The reason this site exists is that the person who answers that phone at the "front desk" is likely to have never even seen the pavilion where the BBQ is hosted let alone attended.

Yes, they have plenty of those big propane heaters on hand if they're needed.

Have fun.

TCD

Bad answer.

The reason this site exists is that the person who answers that phone at the "front desk" is likely to have never even seen the pavilion where the BBQ is hosted let alone attended.

Yes, they have plenty of those big propane heaters on hand if they're needed.

Have fun.

TCD

Thanks, still debating on whether or not to do it, but that definitely helps.

jon

• 2 weeks later...

We always love the backyard barbecue but last year we went closer to Christmas and the food was turkey & chilcken, dressing, etc.  I wanted barbecue.   I would imagine it would be the same this year too.   The HDDR had their usual barbecue and we loved that.

If you are going for the food I would skip the barbecue but if you are going for the fun then that is the way to go.  We love the entertainment even though it is always the same.  Have fun.

Bad answer.

TCD

Thats funny, but I usually call the front desk and do the opposite of any advice given. The last time I went to the front desk with a question, the CM just looked at me funny and said I don't know, I usually work at the Grand Floridian,.