So as usual I have waited to long to make reservations. I will be calling tomorrow to check for any earlier cancelations but the computer is showing sites available durning pop warner.

My question is has anyone been to the parks while they are there? (I really have no idea what pop warner is other then it looks like a lot of kids descending on Disney) Are the parks, buses and other attractions packed with kids and are they behaved?

We have been going going to Disney the first or second week after Thanksgiving for several years and I don't ever remember there being any problems. Though I'm not sure we were ever there the same time and weren't staying on property.

This trip was always something we did with my grandmother to see the Christmas decorations and this will be our first Christmas since she has passed and really want to continue the tradition.

We don't have a problem with kids and I'm probably imaging the worst in me head but all I can think about is a ton of unsupervised kids running around Disney like maniacs. Please tell me I'm wrong( or not)!

Um, the parks aren't impacted much by Pop Warner. Pop Warner is little kid football (and cheerleaders) and they spend most of their time at Wide World of Sports.

As long as you are not at All-Star Sports that week, you are fine.

Also, I think there is also a private after hours party for the kids at one of the parks, so a lot of them their park time is confined to that.

I have heard some horror stories about how they behave at the resort.

We did have reservations during that time but had to push them back a week.  I did a ton of research on the Pop Warner week and you shouldn't have to worry about them if you are staying at the Fort.  THe kids apparently get rowdy because they out number the adult chaperones.  Something else to think about, they are doing the parade taping the weekend of the 7th so you may want to steer clear of the Magic Kingdom during that time.  Have a great time!

We did a ton of research on the Pop Warner week and you shouldn't have to worry about them if you are staying at the Fort.

If you only knew someone that you could have contacted that might have some insight regarding WDW that could have saved you having to do a ton of research. Hmmm, who could that person or those persons be?

You were probably hiding then. :rofl3:

Something else to think about, they are doing the parade taping the weekend of the 7th so you may want to steer clear of the Magic Kingdom during that time.  Have a great time!

YES, the MK parade taping is FAR FAR worse than Pop Warner(unless you are silly enough to book a room at All-Star Sports that weekend). Avoid Magic Kingdom Saturday that weekend, and if it rains on Saturday, avoid Magic Kingdom on Sunday also!!!

Something else to think about, they are doing the parade taping the weekend of the 7th so you may want to steer clear of the Magic Kingdom during that time.  Have a great time!

YES, the MK parade taping is FAR FAR worse than Pop Warner(unless you are silly enough to book a room at All-Star Sports that weekend). Avoid Magic Kingdom Saturday that weekend, and if it rains on Saturday, avoid Magic Kingdom on Sunday also!!!

We were that lucky on one trip. It was also the only time I have scene the cargo hold on the magic express buses filled to max capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

TRUE.....I started doing "my research" in August while we were at the Fort, about the time you went back under your rock

There are many, many people here that are in the know missy.

And I'll have you know that I wasn't under a rock. I was on top of it. I was on top of a mountain in Tibet, meditating with the Dalai Lama.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

There are many, many people here that are in the know missy.

And I'll have you know that I wasn't under a rock. I was on top of it. I was on top of a mountain in Tibet, meditating with the Dalai Lama.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

you need to stop that leaving us to our own devices.... we might start behaving.... :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: