Video of Glow with the Show at Osborne Lights

Meh.

I think it looks cool when there's a big group wearing them like in the video, but I'll bet it doesn't look anything like that on a typical night.

I thought my girls would be excited to get these, but after they saw them in person-they passed. The hat part is hard plastic-like a helmet. Not something you would want to wear walking around the parks.

I wonder how those passholders in the video got chosen? I never heard anything about getting free ears.

TCD

Meh.

I think it looks cool when there's a big group wearing them like in the video, but I'll bet it doesn't look anything like that on a typical night.

We found the same to be true of Wishes.  In fact, of the 3 times we saw Wishes after they started using these, only the first night had any significant number of people wearing them, and it still wasn't tons.

One night I think there were a handful of people tops.

The hats are a little heavy and hot... and yes I bought one the first night.   8)

We were asked to be part of a shoot for this a few days ago. They would give free ears as long as you were willin to be there from 8-1030.

The kids had a late night the day prior so we passed.

CMs were asking for Annual passholder volunteers prior to rope drop at DHS the morning of shooting day.

CMs were asking for Annual passholder volunteers prior to rope drop at DHS the morning of shooting day.

I wonder if they've done this at MK too? 

One of the things I noticed when we were there on the first night for Wishes was that they were hardly promoting it at all.  Unless you came into the park knowing about it ahead of time, there was really nothing to tell you what was going on.  There were a couple of windows decorated in the Emporium, but I would have thought that they'd have had signs and carts right by the train station to snag people on the way in.

As it is, I had to ask to find out where to buy the hats and was directed to the hat shop.

One of the things I noticed when we were there on the first night for Wishes was that they were hardly promoting it at all.  Unless you came into the park knowing about it ahead of time, there was really nothing to tell you what was going on.  There were a couple of windows decorated in the Emporium, but I would have thought that they'd have had signs and carts right by the train station to snag people on the way in.

As it is, I had to ask to find out where to buy the hats and was directed to the hat shop.

Yeah, in order for it to look cool anywhere, they need lots of people wearing them. They should push carts of them around like they do the light up toys.

Yeah, in order for it to look cool anywhere, they need lots of people wearing them. They should push carts of them around like they do the light up toys.

Exactly, and that's what I would expect.  That first night I only spotted one cart way up by the hub, but no others. Subsequent nights we did see more carts out around the entrance end of Main street, but still very few.

We bought one of these when we were in Disneyland this past April.  I was very excited to hear that they were finally being rolled out to Disney World.  However, they are cool for other people to see, but if you are wearing them you do not get to see what it does.  Kind of counter productive.  As others have said, they are heavy and something I or my DD would wear around the park.  Since we have a paid, we will bring it to WDW with us and bring them to the places that they work.  Probably just hold them or put them on the stroller.

jon