Around "The HUB" in 60 Seconds

Summary of this month's message from the Wilderness Region GM.

In the few weeks that he's been head of the WR (Wilderness Region) he has been truly impressed and inspired by the commitment, and dedication of the Cast. He feels that this dedication and commitment takes on a special meaning to guests each day, especially during the holidays. 

He, and all WR CMs, can now look forward to all of the great things that this New Year brings.

He points to several exciting events, and milestones that are coming up.

This year will mark the 20th anniversary of the Wilderness Lodge as well as the 40th anniversary of the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. Also in 2014, MyMagic+ will continue to evolve and reshape the guest experience. With all of these exciting events, He's looking forward to 2014, but mostly he is thrilled to be part of the region. 

Keeping all the new enhancements in mind this new year, he hopes that all WR CMs have a safe, happy, and healthy new year.

Acknowledges that some guests are not having the experience they expected.

I don't know if this is your phrase or his, but I really like it. It places no blame. Are they wrong for not providing the experience or are you wrong for expecting something that wasn't going to be provided.

I think I'll use it the next time I complain to someone. "Excuse me, but I'm not having the experience I expected."

I don't know if this is your phrase or his, but I really like it. It places no blame. Are they wrong for not providing the experience or are you wrong for expecting something that wasn't going to be provided.

I think I'll use it the next time I complain to someone. "Excuse me, but I'm not having the experience I expected."

It is pretty much the perfect diplomatic response.  :)

Perhaps we should rename the "vote down" buttons on the forum to the "Not having the experience I expected from this post" buttons.

Perhaps we should rename the "vote down" buttons on the forum to the "Not having the experience I expected from this post" buttons.

Now that's funny.

The other phrase that Disney uses a lot, and falls into the same category is, "exceeding expectations".

Exceeding my expectations is a lot different than exceeding the expectations of someone who is from a 3rd world country who lives in house made out of cardboard boxes.

If "not having the experience I expected from this post" is a down arrow, and in keeping with Boy George's weaselspeak, the up arrow would be for "having a better experience than I expected from this post".

Also, currently they're called "reputation" points, we'll need a new name.