Considering Disney Visa Card

Hey fiends..

Stuck in the car for the next 8 hours so I'm reminiscing about my trip and planning the next one..

Someone tell me their experiences with the Disney Visa.. How quickly do you earn credits, do you get significant discounts, should I bother?

I realise I can get most of this info on the visa site, and I'll probably check there too, but I'd rather hear your personal experiences PLUS, I like you snark faces more. :)

I have had one since day 1, but it is not my primary credit card, I prefer my chase freedom card because the rewards are better. Every quarter there are different bonus catagories that you get 5% back with the chase freedom (last quarter was amazon!).

I keep my Disney card only for when they offer deals for card holders and for the picture you get in EPCOT (plus I like having a second credit are incase something happens to my main one).

I use my Disney Visa as my primary charge card. I charge my gas (I drive about 500 miles a week to and from work) and most of my store purchases. The interest rate isn't the best so I make an effort to pay it off several times a month. Most years I am able to end up not having paid any interest. I then transfer the points earned onto a Rewards card prior to each trip. I use the rewards card for meals and "stuff" while at WDW. I find the Chase Disney Visa customer service to be quite good. I messed up prior to my November trip in transferring the points onto the Rewards card. I called customer service while at one of the parks and they made the transfer for me immediately. One downside is the Rewards cards have an expiration date. Transfer the points only when you know you are going to use them.

I use my Disney Visa as my primary charge card. I charge my gas (I drive about 500 miles a week to and from work) and most of my store purchases. The interest rate isn't the best so I make an effort to pay it off several times a month. Most years I am able to end up not having paid any interest. I then transfer the points earned onto a Rewards card prior to each trip.

Ditto.  We even upgraded to the Premium card almost 2 years ago because the annual fee was more than worth the increased % in rewards.

We haven't used it for any discounts, as we also have APs  and TIW and those discounts on dining/merch are usually better.  But if you don't have those, the discounts on the Chase Visa aren't bad.

We also have friends that own a business and use their rewards card for all their business expenses.  It paid for their entire 2 week trip (with 2 kids) a couple of years ago.

To reiterate what Judy said though... the interest rate isn't great.  So I would only recommend using it if you're going to pay it off monthly and not accrue any interest.  Otherwise the rewards don't really make up for paying interest on the account.

Beckers, Judy, and Mo are correct.

I upgraded to the Disney Premier card because of Mo's recommendation last year and make about $100/ month in reward dollars. I use mine for business and pay it off every month. Look at the annual fee associated with the Premier card. If you don't charge enough during the year the fee will take away from the rewards you earn. I also have a Southwest Airlines card and they have a great sign up promotion. My Delta Airlines American Express gives me free luggage for me and my party.

This works great for our situation because I have three businesses and we use SWA when we travel for pleasure and Delta when I travel for business and we come to Disney on average 1.5 times a year. Only you know your situation and know whats best for you. I hope this helps a little.