Has anyone purchased an AP through AAA before?  We are looking to do this, as it will save us about $70 on the three tickets we'll need.

Question I have is... AAA's website says they email you a voucher.  What do you do with that voucher?  I'm guessing Guest Relations (we usually go to the one in DT Disney).  Will the AP be linked to our bands (we received those in the mail a week or so ago)...?

I've purchased AP's through AAA.

You bring the voucher to one of the Guest Relations windows, and they'll give you an AP.  They won't do it at the Fort- not sure about Downtown Disney- but I'd guess yes.

The linking you have to do yourself.  At least that's what happened to me when I purchased a new AP for one of my daughters last month.  Not easy to do on the App.  Had to go to a special My Disney Experience place inside the MK to get the pass linked to the band.  I don't think you can link a voucher- you need the pass in hand.

TCD

The linking you have to do yourself.  At least that's what happened to me when I purchased a new AP for one of my daughters last month.  Not easy to do on the App.  Had to go to a special My Disney Experience place inside the MK to get the pass linked to the band.  I don't think you can link a voucher- you need the pass in hand.

Thanks TCD

Just to make sure I understand... MK has the guest relations window there to the right of the entrance... we go there, turn in our voucher for the AP, then go inside the park to the MDE venue and link the pass to the bands?  Where is the venue...City Hall?

Edited to add: Thanks Jason, I'll check the voucher once I receive it!

Thanks TCD

Just to make sure I understand... MK has the guest relations window there to the right of the entrance... we go there, turn in our voucher for the AP, then go inside the park to the MDE venue and link the pass to the bands?  Where is the venue...City Hall?

Edited to add: Thanks Jason, I'll check the voucher once I receive it!

Yes, the windows all the way to the right as you stand outside the MK looking at the Train Station.  They can turn the voucher into the pass there for sure.  That's where I always go.  The CM's here are all very good.

The MDE venue is inside the theater building, again to your right as you enter the park.  Look for the plaid vests and iPads.

But I see Jason says you can link a voucher to an MB- if you can, then you would be able to skip the stop in the theater- and also make FP+ reservations now- so you should try that.

If it works, come back here and let us know- this is new for all of us.

TCD

I have tried all night to link our vouchers to MDE but no luck. I tried scanning and inputting the number but all I get is a message that the ticket is invalid. I really wanted to book some fast passes before our weekend trip when we actually turn in the vouchers

I have tried all night to link our vouchers to MDE but no luck. I tried scanning and inputting the number but all I get is a message that the ticket is invalid. I really wanted to book some fast passes before our weekend trip when we actually turn in the vouchers

I would contact MDE. That should be linking fine for you and if it is not there must be a glitch with the system. Hopefully they can fix it for you. 

Well, I was on the phone with Disney for over an hour today. When they finally answered my call I asked why I couldn't link my vouchers with MDE. The CM I spoke with told me that linking vouchers were not possible due to the fact that it is not yet a a valid ticket hence why I am not allowed to make any fast pass + choices. I told him other people have been able to do this. He stated there has been numerous glitches in the Disney system and it's possible with all the different type of vouchers (e-ticket, plastic card, etc) there could have been a mistake. I guess I'm out of luck and see what happens when I redeem the vouchers. I'm sure linking the MB will be a whole other ordeal

Well, I was on the phone with Disney for over an hour today. When they finally answered my call I asked why I couldn't link my vouchers with MDE. The CM I spoke with told me that linking vouchers were not possible due to the fact that it is not yet a a valid ticket hence why I am not allowed to make any fast pass + choices. I told him other people have been able to do this. He stated there has been numerous glitches in the Disney system and it's possible with all the different type of vouchers (e-ticket, plastic card, etc) there could have been a mistake. I guess I'm out of luck and see what happens when I redeem the vouchers. I'm sure linking the MB will be a whole other ordeal

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know your experience. 

Ahhh..... :unsure:   Frustrating.

Ahhh..... :unsure:   Frustrating.

Oh well.

A billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

TCD

Okay... UPDATE:

I received my email (with the APs) from AAA and I tried to link the passes to our magic bands online, through MDE.  I tried several times and could not get through the last step (said there was an error).  So, I called Disney and asked for help with the magic bands (when prompted by "the voice", I said I was having troubles with the website), a CM was able to link the tickets and I am selecting my FPs now  ^_^

Okay... UPDATE:

I received my email (with the APs) from AAA and I tried to link the passes to our magic bands online, through MDE.  I tried several times and could not get through the last step (said there was an error).  So, I called Disney and asked for help with the magic bands (when prompted by "the voice", I said I was having troubles with the website), a CM was able to link the tickets and I am selecting my FPs now  ^_^

Great!

I think Starbuc71 is already there. Hopefully he got his linked by now.

It's good to know that you can link a voucher.  It's nice to be able to make all of those FP+ reservations before you get there.

TCD