The Trip Cut Short but Thank Goodness Everything’s OK Trip Report

Well, the sad thing is that we lost those points. Once we checked in, they were all deemed used. So even though we left, that fabulous room with that fabulous view sat unused from Thursday through Sunday, and the points are gone. We've still got some points we can use for a trip this year or next, but I've got to save some cash before we can get back down there. My next trip on the horizon is now Desoto next month - I really can't wait! Here's hoping for good weather.

Wow that's harsh.

I wonder if you could make a phone call and do something about this.  At the regular Disney resorts, they will refund unused nights if you have to leave early.

That's a shame that the room sat empty like that!

TCD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right that it definitely had a harsh impact on us this time. DVC has a different way of doing things and this time it didn't work out for us. I did try to get my friend Claire from Tampa (who has appeared in some of my trip reports before) to come use it for the weekend, but she was tied up.

We have been so lucky with our vacations through the years - no disasters ever before this one. Hopefully we've now paid those dues (so to speak) and will be back in the game of fully successful trips moving forward. I bet we will. :)

Well, the sad thing is that we lost those points. Once we checked in, they were all deemed used. So even though we left, that fabulous room with that fabulous view sat unused from Thursday through Sunday, and the points are gone. We've still got some points we can use for a trip this year or next, but I've got to save some cash before we can get back down there. My next trip on the horizon is now Desoto next month - I really can't wait! Here's hoping for good weather.

That stinks!!! 

That stinks that you lost those points.

Looking forward to meeting you and spending time with you at DeSoto!