Need loop suggestion for upcoming trip...

I figured I'd ask the experts....

My family of five (three youngsters) are motorhoming it to the Fort this coming late March/April, and I booked a Preferred site.  The motorhome will be about 40' long with the bikes on the rack in back.

From what I've read so far, we may be better off downgrading to a Full Hook Up?

Location is not too important, although we'd rather not be in a pet loop if possible.

We're bring bikes for all of us, so getting around won't be a problem.  The kiddos do like to swim, so....

Any good suggestion of a Preferred loop to request?  If we downgrade to Full Hook Up, what would be best for us and the motorhome?

Thanks in advance!

If you want a non Pet Loop, then your only choices are Preferred and Premium.

100 and 200 are Non Pet Preferred Loops.

ALL of the Regular Full Hookup loops are Pet loops.

the Premium Non-Pet Loops are 1100, 1200, and 1300 (maybe 1000, not sure)

The Preferred loops are pretty tight.

Full Hookup 1600 - 1800 mostly have good size sites.  1900 is just plain bad.

Good advice already given.  We've also got some info here on the site with site specs, videos of all camping loops, a cool Google Earth application and a spiffy mobile app with photos and specs on every site that might help you decide.  Check out this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Thx to all for the replies and additional info.  I now have the FF app on my phone, and I'm checking out the widths and lengths of the sites in the loops i'm interested in.  I'm a competant maneuverer (is that even a word?) of our 36' motorhome, so Im fairly confident I could get in onto just about any site, but i understand the wider/longer ones would be easier.

I'm not opposed to leaving my booking as-is and requesting the 100 or 200 loop.  But if I decide to downgrade to "full hook up", I pretty much have to accept being near a neighboring site that could have pets, huh?  Would the 1600-1800 loops be that much better, being that they are closer to the Meadow Pool area?

***Actually, I'm seeing the 1700 loop has wider sites and seems to be more wooded/private.  That may be a winner for me, the site pics seem pretty nice on the app.

... if I decide to downgrade to "full hook up", I pretty much have to accept being near a neighboring site that could have pets, huh? 

Since all the full hookup sites are pet loops, it could happen.

As for if 1600-1800 are "better" - totally depends on what you want.  Sites are more spacious but there's less vegetation between them than some of the Preferred loops. That's good in the sense that it feels more "open"- which makes it particularly nice if you're there with a group in a few sites - but can also mean you have a clear view of your neighbors.  For us, because we travel with dogs that we like to make sure are not bothering neighbors, we like sites with more privacy between so the dogs don't see anything to bark at.

Location... again subjective.  We'd rather be near the marina as we rarely go to the pool.  But if you think you'll be there a bunch and/or going to campfire, etc., Full Hookup might be a better location.

Excellent feedback, folks....thx!

With three little ones that will want to check out the pool, campire and playground equipment probably on a daily basis, I'm leaning toward the 1700 or 1800 loop.  I just watched the videos of these two loops, and I see quite a few "bigger" rigs like ours that are parked comfortably on the sites.

Well, just out of luck, I happened to check the availability of Fort campsites for the week we will be there, and a Premium site reservation showed up......all for an additional $30 or so....so I changed to a Premium site.

Now, the loop request then becomes which 1000-1400 loop would we prefer.....I'm ready 1400 would be nice with the three little ones that we have (ages 3, 5, 7).