Checking my magic bands for my coming trip and this was on the page.

The MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology and can be read by short and long-range readers located at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you prefer to use an RF card, which cannot be detected by long-range readers, you can request an RF card at your Disney Resort hotel, and you do not need to customize your MagicBand.

Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

Checking my magic bands for my coming trip and this was on the page.

The MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology and can be read by short and long-range readers located at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you prefer to use an RF card, which cannot be detected by long-range readers, you can request an RF card at your Disney Resort hotel, and you do not need to customize your MagicBand.

Welcome.

Now, don't just one post in here and leave.

Did you find something surprising about this information about your Magic Bands?  I thought it was pretty well known that there would be short range and long range tracking ability on them.  The ability to opt out is also something that has been mentioned in other threads already.  Are you planning to opt out?

TCD

I actually had not heard about the long range before and I don't remember seeing the opt out feature before. I'll use the magic band because of the convenience. We used them in December and they worked great. I just wonder how long it will take them to have a way for the magic band to open my RV door!

I actually had not heard about the long range before and I don't remember seeing the opt out feature before. I'll use the magic band because of the convenience. We used them in December and they worked great. I just wonder how long it will take them to have a way for the magic band to open my RV door!

Way to go, you now have two posts!

Time to introduce yourself to everyone on this thread:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/199-please-introduce-yourself/

I think they added the opt-out feature to respond to any guest who has concerns about the long range tracking.  I personally don't care.  In fact, I wish they would use that long range tracker at the Fort return gate and on the comfort stations so I don't have to stop and scan my band there.

TCD

Way to go, you now have two posts!

Time to introduce yourself to everyone on this thread:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/199-please-introduce-yourself/

I think they added the opt-out feature to respond to any guest who has concerns about the long range tracking.  I personally don't care.  In fact, I wish they would use that long range tracker at the Fort return gate and on the comfort stations so I don't have to stop and scan my band there.

TCD

At this point, I'll be happy if they can open the comfort station doors on close range!!!