I'm tired of burgers. How about steaks?

Hand cut Ribeye sprinkled with Montreal Steak and L&P, cooked med. rare on my Weber charcoal grill served with tossed salad, baked spud, and a glass of Cabernet.  That's why I won't pay Le Cellier's prices.

One advantage to marrying into a farming family, we buy our beef right off the farm. We'll buy anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 of a whole beef, and into the deep freeze it goes. We pay the farmer a bulk price based on the weight and that day's market price, then pay the locker to do the butchering and packaging. Usually comes out to a couple of dollars per pound overall, and that includes all the ground beef, steaks, roasts, and liver. Where else can I buy a t-bone for $2 per pound?

The meat is usually so tender that steak knives aren't needed. I haven't ordered a steak in a restaraunt in years, because it won't be as good as what I have at home. That said, my preference is medium, just some pink in the middle, grilled with some homemade seasoning and a salad or potato on the side. Bring me some Summer, 'cause then it comes with homemade ice cream.  :banana:

I love a nice juicy New York Strip.  Just knock its horns off, wiipes its ass and walk it across the grill.  That accompanied with a nice cold IPA (preferably Harpoon) and a bake potato from the grill.

Guess I will be firing up the grill in the monsoon we are having to cook dinner tonight.

I had gastric by-pass surgery and have to have a very tender steak cut into small small pieces.

Same here, I have trouble with over cooked meats.  But in the plus side I split a steak with my DD which saves $$$

I love a nice juicy New York Strip.  Just knock its horns off, wiipes its ass and walk it across the grill.  That accompanied with a nice cold IPA (preferably Harpoon) and a bake potato from the grill.

Guess I will be firing up the grill in the monsoon we are having to cook dinner tonight.

I had gastric by-pass surgery and have to have a very tender steak cut into small small pieces.

Same here, I have trouble with over cooked meats.  But in the plus side I split a steak with my DD which saves $$$

Our family had a saying, "Knock off the horns & hoofs and run it by the fire".  :rofl2:

One T-Bone will feed Mom & I - she gets the filet and I get the strip :/

I  :beer: Steak! I could eat it everyday and have been known to do so for a solid week! I like mine thick, rubbed with garlic and olive oil and grilled rare to medium rare. I loved the roasted garlic butter at Yachtsman's Steakhouse! I also love the special marinade that my son uses for a quick marinade before he grills!

One of the few times I remember having a "bad" steak was at Spoodles.

NY strip, well done, just short of beef jerky status! :banana:

Look, next time we all get together, I will just let you gnaw on my leather shoe, and you can give me your steak nice and red and juicy!!!  :'(

Outback special med rare, baked pot with lots of cheese and a little a-1 on the side..... DANG I miss eating!!!

I had a steak last Sunday and it was gooooood!! Don't laugh but we did not have a grill so I took my turkey roasting pan and filled it with charcoal and put our camping grill rack for the fire ring over the top and grilled those suckers to perfection!! LOL

you should of saw the look on hubbys face when he came home and saw a GRILLED steak for the race!!

well after some jokes he decided to go and look for a grill.. long story short we bought everything but the damn grill until today!!

We got the grill.. not the one I wanted of course with the smoker (oh no) we got the one with the LED blue lights!!! What gives!!!

thats okay I won that battle anyway cause I got a new steam washer and dryer, 3D blueray player and a wine fridge!!!  :banana:

I had a steak last Sunday and it was gooooood!! Don't laugh but we did not have a grill so I took my turkey roasting pan and filled it with charcoal and put our camping grill rack for the fire ring over the top and grilled those suckers to perfection!! LOL

you should of saw the look on hubbys face when he came home and saw a GRILLED steak for the race!!

well after some jokes he decided to go and look for a grill.. long story short we bought everything but the damn grill until today!!

We got the grill.. not the one I wanted of course with the smoker (oh no) we got the one with the LED blue lights!!! What gives!!!

thats okay I won that battle anyway cause I got a new steam washer and dryer, 3D blueray player and a wine fridge!!!  :dance:

You hit the jackpot :eek:

NY strip, well done, just short of beef jerky status! :))

Look, next time we all get together, I will just let you gnaw on my leather shoe, and you can give me your steak nice and red and juicy!!!  :dance:

Outback special med rare, baked pot with lots of cheese and a little a-1 on the side..... DANG I miss eating!!!

:eek: My Dad says the same thing. He says I ruin a perfectly good steak!

Beaten NY strip steak, teriyaki marinade, grilled - black on the outside, dark pink on the inside. 

Why do you beat your meat? ;)