Ft Wilderness with mulitple families?

I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but sometimes - even if you request and do all the right things - and even if they tell you that you have sites together - it just doesn't happen.  In November, we were assigned site 715 for one night.  As we were backing into 715, a man ran out saying we were on the wrong site.  I checked our information and we had been assigned 715.  So I called the office and they had no record of the man having requested three sites together for his friends.  According to him, he asked for sites together when he booked, he phoned ahead of time, and when he checked in he reminded the CM of his request.  

We did ask for another site, but they gave us one of the other sites he had "reserved."  DUH!  Everything worked out in the end, but sometimes things get a little bumfuzzeled.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!

So far, every time we had groups or families coming in, and that's been many, Disney has managed to keep them together.  As was said earlier, make sure Disney is aware of it ahead of time and reiterate it when checking in.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but sometimes - even if you request and do all the right things - and even if they tell you that you have sites together - it just doesn't happen. In November, we were assigned site 715 for one night. As we were backing into 715, a man ran out saying we were on the wrong site. I checked our information and we had been assigned 715. So I called the office and they had no record of the man having requested three sites together for his friends. According to him, he asked for sites together when he booked, he phoned ahead of time, and when he checked in he reminded the CM of his request.

We did ask for another site, but they gave us one of the other sites he had "reserved." DUH! Everything worked out in the end, but sometimes things get a little bumfuzzeled.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!

From what Jason posted above and others have said too simply requesting the sites together is not enough. I wonder if the person had actually linked the reservations.

From what Jason posted above and others have said too simply requesting the sites together is not enough. I wonder if the person had actually linked the reservations.

The linking is crucial. They actually create a special travel with number that draws special attention to trying to maintain the group together. 

Book it as a Grand Gathering.  That way the sites are close or next to each other.  Y will be given a Grand Gathering number that will be attached to each reservation.  One person will be put in charge.  That is what we did when we booked for our daughters wedding.

They have recently dropped the Grand Gathering options. You can still book groups of people but its requires a couple of extra steps.