That rental tent I saw on the 100 loop on my last trip was there just for one night.  It was a dad and two kids.  He obviously wanted to take the kids camping.  I thought that was a great idea- just pay for one night, and enjoy two days at the Fort.  They didn't have any camping equipment.  Just showed up, threw some sleeping bags in the tent, and from what I saw, had a blast.  Way better than a night at the All Stars- and really no work.

TCD

Sounds like they had a great (and easy, w/no set up or tear down) trip.  Neat idea for one or two nights!   :thumbsup2:

It's actually not really the cost, but the experience. As I said, I would consider it as a couple days at most extra stay during or after work. I stay in hotels LOTS, a couple days being able to chill out in a lawn chair and wander the Fort, and not have to drive anywhere, just what the doctor might order :)

I couldn't agree more... and I don't stay in a lot of hotels  :))

It's actually not really the cost, but the experience. As I said, I would consider it as a couple days at most extra stay during or after work. I stay in hotels LOTS, a couple days being able to chill out in a lawn chair and wander the Fort, and not have to drive anywhere, just what the doctor might order :)

I totally understand.

It is, but the difference is not enough for me to stay in a tent.

ASR weekday rate during the regular season is $109. A tent site is $71, plus $30 for the tent, for a total of $101. I'll pay the $8 for the AC.

Exactly.

That's nuts.  I would have to go with the AC also.

As I said earlier.

What a way to run a business.

TCD

It just depends on the month as far as the AC, then there is the precipitation to consider.

Not to mention a private toilet too

That is a good point, though I have never minded the comfort stations at the Fort.  We did years of tenting and pop-up before getting a rig with a full bath, and the Fort's bathrooms make some campground bathrooms look like outhouses.

Plus a bed and TV.

Yes - though I use a cot when tenting, I do like being able to lay around watching the tube before turning in.

I feel the same way.  I have had a couple of times when I could only be there for a night and pitched a tent to lay our heads then pack it away in the morning, but still spent the day at the Fort riding around, swimming, biking, etc.  I'd rather be there than any of the other resorts.