Official Announcement on 4th FP+

How do you get a FP for the parade??  Do they have a special seating section?

The parade FP+'s show up in the same place on MDE as the other FP+ selections.  But Disney doesn't make these available for every day or for every parade.  We have been able to snag them for the FOF parade and for the MSEP, but they are not always offered.

The seating area is on the hub, directly across from the castle.  It is completely roped off, and there are plenty of CM's around to make sure that no one sneaks in.  There is one entry point where CM's with hand scanners will check your MB's and admit you (or tell you to get lost if you don't have a FP+ reservation).

In my opinion, unless you really want to sit in this particular area or if it's a super-busy time, this is a waste of a FP+.  There is always seating down in Frontierland- and you can use that FP+ for something else.

TCD

The parade FP+'s show up in the same place on MDE as the other FP+ selections.  But Disney doesn't make these available for every day or for every parade.  We have been able to snag them for the FOF parade and for the MSEP, but they are not always offered.

The seating area is on the hub, directly across from the castle.  It is completely roped off, and there are plenty of CM's around to make sure that no one sneaks in.  There is one entry point where CM's with hand scanners will check your MB's and admit you (or tell you to get lost if you don't have a FP+ reservation).

In my opinion, unless you really want to sit in this particular area or if it's a super-busy time, this is a waste of a FP+.  There is always seating down in Frontierland- and you can use that FP+ for something else.

TCD

How early do you have to arrive for FP+? It seems like something that could be beneficial Easter week. 

How early do you have to arrive for FP+? It seems like something that could be beneficial Easter week. 

You don't have to arrive very early at all.  In fact, they don't admit you to the area until very shortly before the parade begins. 

I have the exact time printed out on a sheet that I don't have with me at the moment, but I'll look it up and let you know.

It would definitely be useful during a busy time. but you are also burning one of your three FP+'s to get it.  Not a smart move during a busy time.  I think it would be smarter to find a shady spot in Frontierland an hour before and take a little break waiting fort the parade.

Also, I believe that they had two FOF performances a day during Easter week this year.  That helps.

TCD

Just checked, the FP+ return times for the FOF parades are between 11:45 and 12:05 if there is a noon performance and between 2:45 and 3:05 for the 3 pm performance.  This is one bonus about the FP+ viewing area- no hour plus wait to claim a spot.

When we wasted a FP+ to see the MSEP, the viewing area was not full, and there was room for everyone to sit right up at the edge of the roped off area.  But, there was also a lot of standing room.  I'm not sure how full that area could potentially get.

TCD

I'm curious what everyone thinks this is going to do to stand-by lines. When we were there in September of 2012, we literally used 2 fastpasses the entire trip...one for Toy Story (and that was only so we could ride a second time as the stand by line was very small when we got there) and RNRC. Otherwise, we managed with mild waits. But this new Fastpass + thing has me wondering if everyone is going to be all planned up and you are basically going to HAVE to have a fast pass to ride the big rides. As much as I like to plan my trip to WDW, I like to kind of "let it go" while I'm there and just enjoy where the day takes us. 

I'm curious what everyone thinks this is going to do to stand-by lines. When we were there in September of 2012, we literally used 2 fastpasses the entire trip...one for Toy Story (and that was only so we could ride a second time as the stand by line was very small when we got there) and RNRC. Otherwise, we managed with mild waits. But this new Fastpass + thing has me wondering if everyone is going to be all planned up and you are basically going to HAVE to have a fast pass to ride the big rides. As much as I like to plan my trip to WDW, I like to kind of "let it go" while I'm there and just enjoy where the day takes us. 

My anecdotal experience is that FP+ has caused there to be wait times at rides that used to always be walk-ons.  This past Sunday, which was not a particularly busy day, there was a 50 minute wait for It's a Small World at around 3 pm.

The Haunted Mansion standby line has been consistently all the way out to the entrance for the past two Sundays- all day long.

Over at Epcot, I now routinely see the Spaceship Earth outside queue full of guests waiting to ride and 30+ minute waits.

The wait times for the "big rides" are worse!  If you don't take the three FP+'s that they're offering, you aren't going to be a happy camper.

The days where you could "let it go" and still have fun are in the rear view mirror and fading fast.

Thanks FP+!

TCD

My anecdotal experience is that FP+ has caused there to be wait times at rides that used to always be walk-ons.  This past Sunday, which was not a particularly busy day, there was a 50 minute wait for It's a Small World at around 3 pm.

The Haunted Mansion standby line has been consistently all the way out to the entrance for the past two Sundays- all day long.

Over at Epcot, I now routinely see the Spaceship Earth outside queue full of guests waiting to ride and 30+ minute waits.

The wait times for the "big rides" are worse!  If you don't take the three FP+'s that they're offering, you aren't going to be a happy camper.

The days where you could "let it go" and still have fun are in the rear view mirror and fading fast.

Thanks FP+!

TCD

This is exactly what I was afraid of. 

This is exactly what I was afraid of. 

Well, at least you know.

You are better off than the majority of guests who show up and have no clue what is going on.

As much as I hate to say it- plan ahead.  That way you can maximize the use of the FP+ system.  You will at least be ahead of all those who still show up with no plan and no clue.

TCD

Well, at least you know.

You are better off than the majority of guests who show up and have no clue what is going on.

As much as I hate to say it- plan ahead.  That way you can maximize the use of the FP+ system.  You will at least be ahead of all those who still show up with no plan and no clue.

TCD

That is one good way to look at it. And our next trip is still a year away. Hopefully they will have some kinks worked out by then and things will be running smoother.