This was just emailed to me. I don't know if it has been discussed yet. It was reported in the Miami Herald Newspaper.

Changes in store for Disney's FastPass+ program

Unlimited fast passes at the theme parks to be made available Monday

Published On: Apr 28 2014 11:06:03 AM EDT

Print Email

LAKE BUENA VISTA -

Disney has announced that limits on the new FastPass+ program are going away and the theme park giant is also adding pa park hopper feature to the system.

The Tampa Bay Times reports (http://bit.ly/1nu2q7g) FastPass+ lets visitors make advance reservations for select rides, shows and parades. The free service is part of Disney's billion-dollar project to enhance vacation planning.

Since it began, visitors have been restricted to three FastPass+ uses a day, all within just one park, but starting Monday uses

Users will still be able to sign up in advance for three passes. They can then get another one at any FastPass+ kiosk in the parks. After using the fourth FastPass+, the process can be repeated.

This news was announced on the official Disney Parks Blog on April 24, and a thread discussing the changes started here that same day: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12566-official-announcement-on-4th-fp/

There has already been some discussion about it on that thread.

The actual first day that the change went in to effect is today, April 28th.  I will be interested to hear how it works for guests.

TCD

Being a resort guest usually gives you the chance to pre-select FPs well ahead of anyone else, so it still is kind-of a perk. People that buy park tix the day-of or only a few days in advance are still disadvantaged for the prime time slots for the most popular attractions.

With the ability to gain additional PFs after using your three, it's just about necessary to have the app on your phone to reserve additional PFs in a timely manner, too.

You are so kind. It was a surprise BD party for my two grandchildren. Ended up over 65 people in my back yard. Then Easter. Then my beautiful 8 yr old granddaughter's First Communion. So proud of her. Thank you for the wishes.

Has anyone heard or know how CM can tell resort guest and non resort guest during Magical hours now that anyone can have a wristband? I wonder if they are going to have to match up to the Mickey ears as you enter the ride.

Has anyone heard or know how CM can tell resort guest and non resort guest during Magical hours now that anyone can have a wristband? I wonder if they are going to have to match up to the Mickey ears as you enter the ride.

The CM had the first person in our group match mickeys and we all went through.

In January they were scanning wristbands as you entered the line queue.

Being a resort guest usually gives you the chance to pre-select FPs well ahead of anyone else, so it still is kind-of a perk. People that buy park tix the day-of or only a few days in advance are still disadvantaged for the prime time slots for the most popular attractions.

With the ability to gain additional PFs after using your three, it's just about necessary to have the app on your phone to reserve additional PFs in a timely manner, too.

True.  Resort guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance.  Passholders and everyone else are limited to 30 days.

As things currently stand, you can't use the app to get the extra 4th FP+ and subsequent ones.  Those are only available from the park kiosks.  Which isn't necessarily bad- for now it limits those extra FP+'s to guests who are actually in the parks. 

TCD