Booked a FHU site back in January for June 15-21.  Our annual trip with our two grandsons.

Every time since 2007 I was asked for the size of my motorhome (40' with slides).  When I booked, the size questiong never came up and I didn't think to tell the rep it.

Do they keep a data base on frequent visitor's RVs, or was this an oversight?  I'm concerned that the site reserved for me at FW might not fit my MH.  I know at this time of year FW is pretty welll packed with no extra empty sites available.

Thanks!

Booked a FHU site back in January for June 15-21.  Our annual trip with our two grandsons.

Every time since 2007 I was asked for the size of my motorhome (40' with slides).  When I booked, the size questiong never came up and I didn't think to tell the rep it.

Do they keep a data base on frequent visitor's RVs, or was this an oversight?  I'm concerned that the site reserved for me at FW might not fit my MH.  I know at this time of year FW is pretty welll packed with no extra empty sites available.

Thanks!

You can call Disney and have it noted on your reservation as well. Still time before they send the info over to the Fort for the site manager to get you set up. 

No, they do not have a dB with your info. But, I can't think of a full that couldn't contain a 40'. There are a few that might be a bear to get into, and leave no space for a cart, much less a car, but I think the moho should fit. I'll have to review my site plans to be sure, but I'm pretty sure now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you dowloaded the Fort app with the dimensions of the sites?  That way if they put you in a site that is too small, you can call up there and find one with the app that is big enough.  However, if you are in full, if you get in 1600 or 1700 you should be just fine.

Do they keep a data base on frequent visitor's RVs, or was this an oversight?

They really don't need to keep a database, or ask how long an RV is, or if it has slides because all full hookup sites or better, will accommodate at least a 45' RV with slides.

The internal website has more info than the regular website and it says the following regarding full hook-up sites.

"Campsite sizes vary in length and width. Some Full Hook-up Campsites can accommodate equipment up to 10' X 60'."

Have you dowloaded the Fort app with the dimensions of the sites?  That way if they put you in a site that is too small, you can call up there and find one with the app that is big enough.  However, if you are in full, if you get in 1600 or 1700 you should be just fine.

Info/link here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/fort-wilderness-sites-mobile-app-now-available-r265

We have a 37' fiver.  Had trouble in the full hook-up sites due to tight turns with trees, etc. in the way.  We will never sig nup for anything but a premium!  Please see May trip report where we got stuck in the sand and had the entire loop blocked!

We have a 37' fiver. Had trouble in the full hook-up sites due to tight turns with trees, etc. in the way. We will never sig nup for anything but a premium! Please see May trip report where we got stuck in the sand and had the entire loop blocked!

but think of all the nice people you met that were watching you. ;)

We got site 1911 and fit in it just fine lengthwise, but with the slides out, we were in the bushes on one side. I went to the front desk and asked if they could trim the bushes and it was done the next day for us. Another little thing that makes us love coming to the Fort, how quickly they responded to our request.

Some days, we wished we lived there all the time! :)

we were in the bushes on one side. I went to the front desk and asked if they could trim the bushes and it was done the next day for us. 

Had a similar issue with my awning at site 1435 over Father's Day weekend. I have a pair of loppers in my TT for this reason. Probably not allowed to trim their trees, but I don't think a little off the top would hurt at all.  8)