I would think (although I don't know for sure) that the week before Halloween would be more crowded with people coming for MNSSHP.  After Halloween is kind of an in-between time, when I would think not many people would want to come, hence, less crowds.

But I could be wrong.  It does happen from time to time.  Just ask my children!  :D

2 words for you...Jersey Week.  We were there the week after halloween 2010 with half the state of New Jersey.  Apparently all their schools get 2 or 3 days off for teacher in-service that week.  Any show we went to they would ask a volunteer "Where are you from?".  The answer 90% of the time was "New Jersey" and the remainder of the audience would cheer.  :D  Will not go that week again if I can help it.

The NJ State Teacher's Convention this year is November 10-11, 2011.  I would guess that would mean WDW will start to get more crowded starting 11/5.  Still, many people who have been there during that week report it isn't really that crowded (or so I have read on the board that will not be named).

I will be there, Lord willing 10/31 - 11/4 and am hoping for low crowds.  last year we went the week after Jersey week and it was fine.

In 2009, I was there the week leading up to Halloween day and it wasn't too, too crowded.  I've also been the week BEFORE Thanksgiving Day week and it was low crowds (this is my favorite!).  Now, this is just MY opinion.  If you ask my dh, he'll tell you it's always crowded and no one should ever go.  Of course, he's a Disney-hater, though.  So, basically, "crowded" is really up to interpretation.  Did that help at all?  :rofl2:  :what:

Right now we are booked at the fort 10/29-11/08 for Halloween.  However I'm wondering if the week before Halloween may have lighter crowd levels.  Can any tell me which is typically better?

We are?!  :raspberry:  When were you planning on telling me???

Oh, and here's a novel idea - how about asking me (your DW :rofl2:) which week is better?

However I'm wondering if the week before Halloween may have lighter crowd levels.

I wouldn't change my dates for the difference in crowd levels. It's not that much.

I would think that the week before Halloween would be more crowded with people coming for MNSSHP.

A little.

I think it is a total guess as to when the best time is anymore.

Disney knows exactly when it's going to be busy. Look at the rates for the campsites for the different time periods. That tells you every thing you need to know about crowd levels.

The NJ State Teacher's Convention this year is November 10-11, 2011.  I would guess that would mean WDW will start to get more crowded starting 11/5.

One convention more or less has very little impact on the crowd levels at WDW. It's a huge place and it can absorb very large groups. There are conventions and special events going on year round at WDW and Orlando.

Just from the title I was going to tell you one of these....

machine-gun.jpg

But from what I read, everyone else seems to be more PC and have you covered....  :rofl2: :rofl2:

That may work, but up here in MA the  :popo: frown upon assualt weapons.  Hell up here people frown upon any sort of defense because the victim is always at fault.

Just from the title I was going to tell you one of these....

machine-gun.jpg

But from what I read, everyone else seems to be more PC and have you covered....  :argh: :rofl2:

That may work, but up here in MA the  :popo: frown upon assualt weapons.  Hell up here people frown upon any sort of defense because the victim is always at fault.

Ok then who about this...

commercial-snow-plow.jpg

:rofl2: