Has anyone stayed in site 1601? We are thinking of requesting it for our Labor Day week trip. We have four kids in wheelchairs and need to be able to easily access the Comfort Station for Showers. Will this location work for us? We are not so worried about proximity to bus stops as we will likely take our wheelchair lift van to the parks. However, being able to walk to Meadows area would be nice. How far would the walk be to the marina from this loop? Thanks in advance!

If you want really easy paved access to a Comfort Station in a full hook up loop, there are some better choices than 1601.  For 1601, you would have to go out the front of your site, onto the road, and then to the Comfort Station.

Take a look at 1629, 1631, 1632 and 1634- they are all close to the walkway to the 1500/1600 loop CS.

Carol mentioned 1741- that one is at least as close as 1601 to the CS.

Also on 1700, you could go with 1730, 1731 or 1732, which are all close to the 1700/1900 CS.

On 1800, 1826, 1827 and 1828 are all close to a paved sidewalk that will take you to the 1600/1800 CS.  Again, closer than 1601.

TCD

We have a 32 ft trailer and will have one tent as well. My husband is fairly new at backing our trailer, and I see some of these sites say "difficult" to back and some say "average". His comfort level is probably between "easy" and "average", so should we realistically cross off the sites that say "difficult"?

One other fiend and I frequently 'fight' over the other being on 'our' site 1601.   We both really like the location & if you are doing a full-hook-up it is great.  But I would suggest getting a premium site if you are able.  The have concrete pads where the full hook ups have a good portion of the site as coquina sand.

One other fiend and I frequently 'fight' over the other being on 'our' site 1601.   We both really like the location & if you are doing a full-hook-up it is great.  But I would suggest getting a premium site if you are able.  The have concrete pads where the full hook ups have a good portion of the site as coquina sand.

Shamelessly trying to keep you off "Her" site.  But good point Premium site would give you more easy rolling. longer, wider, and most easier to back into because of the wider entry. 

Thanks! Trying to save a few dollars on the full hook up sites. Plus we have a tent as well and a canopy too. I figured the coquina sand wound allow us to stake the tent and the canopy. We use the canopy to keep the wheelchairs out of the rain and over the table. It's a lot to consider! No matter where they put us, I am sure the kids will be happy! I think we are just going to request 1601, 1741, 1825 or anything next to a comfort station path with easy backing! That ought to work! Less than two months for us til we are at the Fort!

Beyond just requesting specific sites, I'd explain to them your situation and needs.  If they know what your needs are, I'm pretty certain they'll do whatever they can to meet them.  

^^THIS^^

Just my opinion, but I think giving them your needs is probably a better way to go.  If you request specific sites only, and for whatever reason they can't give them to you (like if someone is already booked in them past your check-in date), then they really have nothing to go on when assigning you a site.

If you give them information like "near comfort station, bus stop, etc." and why, I'm with Dave in that they will likely do what they can to find a site that works for you.

Good luck!