Character Dinning in September question

We are traveling to WDW 9/24-9/28. I wanted to try and book a character dinning/breakfast for my kids and everything is booked. I know Rosh Hashanah is that week and I assume that is why everything is booked. My questions is, is there anyway to possibly get on a standby list incase some one cancels? Thanks

We are traveling to WDW 9/24-9/28. I wanted to try and book a character dinning/breakfast for my kids and everything is booked. I know Rosh Hashanah is that week and I assume that is why everything is booked. My questions is, is there anyway to possibly get on a standby list incase some one cancels? Thanks

I've never noticed that Rosh Hashanah has any noticeable impact at WDW.

You may not be able to book character dining simply because it's very popular and fills up quickly, and early. 

I'm not aware of a standby list. Just keep trying in case they do get cancellations.

Character meals book up quickly all times of year, often close to the 180 day mark.

I've been told by Disney before that there is no standby list for cancellations, and that the only option is to keep trying.

Now that they're enforcing the cancellation fee for restaurant ADRs, you might luck into something last minute too.