Why You Shouldn't Take Photos with Your Tablet

Last summer the wife and I walked from a local airport parking lot to watch that solar powered plane land.  As we walked, I fell in beside a gentleman who was tracking and taking picutures of the event on his tablet. 

I spoke to him about what was going on and we had a great conversation for about a block and a half. 

Then I mentioned how really focused he was on the whole event, and that he probalby would not even notice anyone around him.  When that comment soaked in he looked up and went nuts...he was a friend I had worked with for several years, but had not seen in about a year.  We had talked for the whole time and he had no idea who he was talking to. 

Just another illustration of why you should put the tablet/phone down and look around at the world you are missing!

At Shannon's gymnastics meets there were always parents standing on bleachers with iPads videoing their kids. Talk about distracting to their daughters. Shannon told us if she ever saw us doing that we would no longer be allowed at the meets.

Bravo!