My wife LOVES Disney. I'll admit- I'm a fan of it but way more of just making her happy. We did our honeymoon in 2001 at WDW and have been back a bunch of times since.

We are planning on coming back in February 2015 so that we can run the Princess 5K. It's especially important to her as it is her kickstart into getting into a healthier lifestyle.

I'm hoping to piggy back on it and re-propose to her. It unfortunately doesn't coincide with any "special" anniversary numbers (we'll have been married for just shy of 14 years at that point) - but it seems like the perfect storm: Disney and a special milestone for her.

Anyway, I've kicked around a few ideas. It's hard doing research as I work from home and she's in and out of the office periodically AND we've spent the last 3 1/2 weeks in our camper. Whatever I come up with will need to include our 2 kids (then ages 11 and almost 3). I did read that you can do a private dining event at the Grand Floridian. I was thinking of telling her that I wanted a special celebration dinner there and then re-popping the question. We stayed at the GF the last time we stayed at Disney when she was pregnant with my son. I like the idea of it being a private event, possibly overlooking fireworks, etc...

Our honeymoon was at Carribean Beach, but we aren't huge fans of it there. We have stayed at Port Orleans- French Quarter a couple of times. We visit 'Ohanas every trip, but I'm not sure that I want a big crowd for this.

Other ideas? Does Disney itself help in planning or celebrating these sorts of things? I think I read about their photography + flower services. I think my plan is to just do the proposal there but then have the ceremony + reception at home.

We'll be staying at a resort, not the Fort when we come back. She's already told me it's a hoteling + flying trip, not a drive and camp trip (something about the 2-3 days there and back eating into our week trip). Just not sure which- though she does love traveling to the other hotels/the Fort to check them out, so a carriage ride isn't out of the question.

The fireworks cruise isn't something that I had heard of before. I'm going to look into it.

Mo, I'll look at the link.

Dave, laugh out loud funny. Truly got me chuckling. :)

You know, I can't help but think you are opening yourself up to trouble here.  You got her to agree to this once.  What if she's now changed her mind and you give her an out?  :rofl2:

Dave come on... he's planning a romantic trip to Disney for a random anniversary to re-propose!  What sane woman would say "no".  :heartsmiley:

The fireworks cruise isn't something that I had heard of before. I'm going to look into it.

You can do Wishes cruises at MK and they also do Illuminations cruises at Epcot.

If you want to get super romantic, check out this...

Grand 1 Yacht

Enjoy a luxurious cruise aboard the Grand 1, a 52-foot Sea Ray® Sedan Bridge Yacht, which accommodates up to 18 Guests.

Sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon with the help of an experienced Captain and Deckhand. Choose an evening cruise to catch the breathtaking Magic

Kingdom fireworks show, with synchronized audio from the onboard speakers. Fireworks may be rescheduled or canceled.

Private Dining

Delight in a customized menu from Private Dining, from intimate brunches and reception-style dinners to birthday cakes and decadent dessert platters. For added indulgence, treat yourself to professional Butler service.

Private Dining and Butler service are available at an additional cost, and with a Butler on board, the Grand 1 can accommodate up to 17 Guests.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/

Another random idea...

Romantic dinner upstairs at Monsieur Paul's in Epcot, followed by Illuminations Cruise.

Grand 1 Yacht, totally out of my price range. :-)Are the fireworks cruises priced per person or total for the boat?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the boat (it holds 8-10 comes with soda and bagged chips). I think we paid $300ish? Let me look

That's about what they're advertising. Ok, so it's per boat. :) Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the fireworks cruise - I can swing $300- just not $1k or more. That or the idea of a private dining event at the Grand Floridian.

I couldn't bring myself to do it at a park with other people - we're too much of loners to do that. :) We are the people watchers- not watchees.

Though, an early morning thing if we let daughter do BBB one last time, could include the castle without the crowds.

I like the fireworks cruise - I can swing $300- just not $1k or more. That or the idea of a private dining event at the Grand Floridian. I couldn't bring myself to do it at a park with other people - we're too much of loners to do that. :) We are the people watchers- not watchees. Though, an early morning thing if we let daughter do BBB one last time, could include the castle without the crowds. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool blog!

Are you running the Princess 5K together?

How about doing the re-proposal at the finish line of the Princes 5k with a suprise 2nd honeymoon on a Disney Cruise with the Castaaway Cay 5k or WDW trip back with a 5K for the 15th anniversery? From the website, it looks like you will get to take pictures with Minney Mouse. It might serve as a nice suprise re-proposal picture.

We are running the 5k together- her, our 10 year old daughter, and me. We'll have someone watching our 2-year old.

But, proposing at the race brings me back to not wanting to do it with a crowd.

The cruise would be a huge win, it's just not in the cards until we pay off our camper in a few years. We cruised a long time ago (pre-kids) and enjoyed it.