OT: DreamVision - Competition for Disney & Universal in TX?

From Orlando Attractions Magazine...

Exclusive: New global-destination theme park and resort under development for Texas

July 17, 2014 | Resorts, Theme Parks, Travel

DreamVision-logo-960x477.jpg

By Simon & Susan Veness

They call themselves DreamVision, and they dream big – very big – like bigger than the Magic Kingdom and Epcot combined big. And the team behind the vision is ready to start putting some serious flesh on a project that has only been hinted at previously.

The DreamVision Company was started 17 years ago in Orlando by Rick Silanskas and joined in 2009 by Disney Legend and former Executive Vice President and Executive Producer for Walt Disney Entertainment Ron Logan.

Together, the duo have set the ball rolling on a massive undertaking of film, theater and – most importantly – theme park development, that aims to redefine the family entertainment genre with the essence of Walt Disney himself.

It is an immensely ambitious vision, too, as plans call for a massive $4 billion theme park in North Texas with the kind of detail we usually only see in the very best that Disney and Universal have to offer.

But Silanskas and Logan insist it will actually go beyond the current scope of the world’s grandest theme park experiences, as well as turning the clock back to the typical family values espoused by Walt when he first created Disneyland in 1955.

Logan in particular is steeped in the traditions of the Disney ethos and wants to be instrumental in re-inventing the emotional appeal of yesteryear but with the technology of tomorrow, hence the DreamScape park intends to be the biggest and boldest theme park to date.

Silanskas, himself a highly acclaimed producer and composer, believes the project will be “the essence of what Walt would do. From the time I was seven or eight years old, I would watch everything that he was doing and what was coming. I was fascinated by what he created and the way he presented it. I am humbled by Walt. He is truly a great inspiration.”

Now, with Logan assembling a heavyweight team of experienced park designers and artists from among his own generation of creative talent, they are putting the final touches to the plans for DreamVision Mountain, DreamScape, a 10,000-acre development that will encompass the main theme park, hotels, retail and nightlife.

While much remains to be confirmed, we can reveal that the park will have themed lands featuring elements of both the East and West Coast of America. An iconic central mountain attraction will be on a truly vast scale.

DreamVision is already in the process of setting up animation and motion picture production studios studios in North Texas and Utah, and their highly advanced but classically-styled CGI short features “Hooked” and “Unsung Hero” have already gained critical acclaim.

It all points to a movie company in the innovative style of Pixar Animation Studios, but with a separate theme park division and their own theatrical production company.

We sat down with Rick and Ron recently to learn the full story of their inspirational drive to create DreamVision, and especially DreamVision Mountain, DreamScape, and we will have much more to share with readers in the Fall edition of Attractions Magazine, available in mid-September.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/exclusive-worlds-largest-theme-park-planned-texas/

I understand the attraction of Texas for business development, but would north Texas be the right place for a major theme park development akin to WDW?  I don't see it being able to operate year round.  There is a reason that Walt built his parks in southern Cali and Florida.  But then again, there are lots of successful parks, including Disney parks, in areas that get cold in the winter. 

I understand the attraction of Texas for business development, but would north Texas be the right place for a major theme park development akin to WDW?  I don't see it being able to operate year round.  There is a reason that Walt built his parks in southern Cali and Florida.  But then again, there are lots of successful parks, including Disney parks, in areas that get cold in the winter.

Yes North Texas would be great! And I see my property value increasing greatly. And please build a Fort so I can just drive down the street to my Happy Place.

Yes North Texas would be great! And I see my property value increasing greatly. And please build a Fort so I can just drive down the street to my Happy Place.

I figured you'd be happy about this!  LOL.  But what about those posts you make on FB in January talking about all the ice your daughter had to drive on?  And then the posts about the crazy thunderstorms spawning enormous tornadoes?  And the posts talking about the 107 degree temps melting the asphalt?  

Don't get me wrong....I love Texas!  But y'alls weather is unpredictable for a poor family trying to plan a vacation to a theme park .   :rofl3:

I figured you'd be happy about this!  LOL.  But what about those posts you make on FB in January talking about all the ice your daughter had to drive on?  And then the posts about the crazy thunderstorms spawning enormous tornadoes?  And the posts talking about the 107 degree temps melting the asphalt?  

Don't get me wrong....I love Texas!  But y'alls weather is unpredictable for a poor family trying to plan a vacation to a theme park .   :rofl3:

Ice, tornadoes, extreme heat... If they can't take that then the wimps should stay home. Looks like it may be in Ft. Worth which will make Judy happy as she lives close.

Yes it would! Part time employment for my retirement.

PS: I thought this sounded a bit familiar. This is from CBS 11 TV 5/31/13.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/31/dreamvision-to-bring-family-friendly-entertainment-theme-park-to-fort-worth/

FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) - A Florida entertainment company is moving its headquarters to Fort Worth.

DreamVision is planning to build an 80,000 square foot studio and office.

Company leaders also say they will build a theme park in North Texas.

At this point an exact location has yet to be finalized.

“We see this as the future family entertainment capital of the world that’s a big statement to make,” says Chief Executive Officer Rick Silanskas. “There will be substantial opportunity as far as educational development in film, television, animation, and theme park development.”

DreamVision will have a big unveiling and party Saturday near the Convention Center in downtown Fort Worth where more specifics will be released.

There will be live music, food and a fireworks show company leaders describe as spectacular.

Silanskas says the company’s vision is simple: family values. “I wanted to return to a core set of values in family entertainment that I grew up with that you can take your mom, dad and grandma to a film or theater or musical production and not be afraid of something off color.”

Silanskas says they also want to show off technology they’ve been working on which takes animations to the next level.

The technology is behind a short animation called “Hooked.”

“The has the most experienced entertainment team in the world on the ground as we speak,” says Ron Logan who is a former Disney executive.

Logan has already recruited other execs with decades of experience to join him.

“It will go back to the values which I think the Disney company has gotten away from in my opinion,” says Logan.

DreamVision says it will bring a substantial number of jobs to Fort Worth, but declined to give an estimate.

My guess is that Dream Works might team up with Hillwood Properties on the north end of Fort Worth:

AllianceTexas, developed by Hillwood - a (Ross) Perot Company, is an 18,000-acre master-planned, mixed-use community located in north Fort Worth. AllianceTexas offers a variety of commercial real estate options, including new industrial, office and retail space. Anchored by the multi-modal inland port known as the Alliance Global Logistics Hub, AllianceTexas is home to more than 370 companies, over 37,000 employees and integrated home options for any budget and lifestyle. - See more at: http://www.alliancetexas.com/#sthash.bEF7nc89.dpuf

The land is on I-35 and is a straight shot down Highway 114 from DFW Airport. The intermodal port has a large private airport used by FED EX (for example). I think it allows private aviation. There is a section that takes the intermodal trailers and moves them between the trains and trucks. It also is home to Texas Motor Speedway, Cabela's and lots of open space.