Question... Does anyone have experience doing Food and Wine with an allergy? My friend that's coming with me is allergic to gluten. We're assuming some dishes will be safe for her, but I'm curious if they release a list of safe foods or something like that.

I don't have an answer for you.....but being Disney, I HAVE to believe they have this covered.  

Is there a central "welcome center" for the festival?  I bet they have information and guides available.  

If not....I wonder if this site will be updated or 2014 before F&W begins?   http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/2013-epcot-food-wine-festival-gluten-free-some-dairy-free-offerings/

We were told pretty much to NOT get anything from F&W because it is all made in a shared kitchen and that the cross contamination possibilities were there. The items are basically prepped in another kitchen so they couldn't handle it how a a regular food allergy situation would be handled at a restaurant.

A couple of years ago, Disney started offering a F&WF map that showed gluten free offerings. It's still early and I haven't seen this years yet, but I would think that they'll have it this year as well.

In addition, this year's passports, which are available at the Outdoor Kitchens kiosks, will point out the items that are vegetarian and gluten free.

There are also a number of websites that publish unofficial food allergy info for the F&WF.

A couple of years ago, Disney started offering a F&WF map that showed gluten free offerings. It's still early and I haven't seen this years yet, but I would think that they'll have it this year as well.

In addition, this year's passports, which are available at the Outdoor Kitchens kiosks, will point out the items that are vegetarian and gluten free.

There are also a number of websites that publish unofficial food allergy info for the F&WF.

In addition to the maps, each kiosk has a laminated sheet showing the ingredients in each of their items.  If you still have questions one of CMs will call a chef to the kiosk.

Items are generally, with the exception of sauces, prepared on site at the kiosk. 

Kelly, DFB just posted a big update on F&W since yesterdays preview event.  I just updated on the main Food &Wine thread, but included was this...

Gluten Free marketplace booth items will be noted on the Marketplace Passport this year!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/20/news-discounts-early-booking-dates-eat-to-the-beat-dining-packages-and-sneak-peek-at-menu-items-from-the-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

this year's passports, which are available at the Outdoor Kitchens kiosks, will point out the items that are vegetarian and gluten free.

each kiosk has a laminated sheet showing the ingredients in each of their items.

but included was this...

Gluten Free marketplace booth items will be noted on the Marketplace Passport this year!

What time is check-out, again?

Kelly, DFB just posted a list of all the gluten free offerings at F&W...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-gluten-free-items/

Thanks, Mo! My friend is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about her possibilities. She's so limited anywhere but Disney or her kitchen that going is a real culinary treat. Trails End and The Plaza made her quite the dishes on our trip which you'll see later in my TR. She's always shocked when she doesn't just have to eat salad. 

Hoping to score the REAL dessert party in the morning!