Dole Whip + Bacardi Coconut Rum = delicious!

I submit to you that this combination is delicious.

Now, before you accuse me of smuggling rum into a park, I'll point out that my supply of Dole Whip is "homemade" as the mix is available online.

Here is at least one source... http://www.amazon.com/Dole-Pineapple-Serve-Pound-case/dp/B00CCTE5WQ. We bought one bag rather than a case and it was about $20 at the time. Each bag is good for 2 gallons of Dole Whip.

We freeze it a quart at a time in a Kitchenaid mixer with the ice cream maker attachment. The consistency is not quite the same as a soft serve machine, but the flavor is unmistakable. Substitute a splash of Bacardi Coconut rum for the pineapple juice.

I will agree with this without even trying it first!  Although I for sure need to try this.

I have some mix kicking around at home.  And I'm pretty sure there's a bottle of Parrot Bay 90 in the camper.  8)

(oh and if you had smuggled rum into the park, I would have applauded your initiative!)

How is the dole whip mix? Thougth about getting some, but have jumped in yet. I made some "dole whip" from a pinterest recipe, and my family was NOT impressed.  We used what I made to mix up smoothies, which were good...but NOT a dole whip.

Is the mix worth it?  If for no other reason then to just mix in coconut rum??? :wave1: :wave1: :wave1:

How is the dole whip mix? Thougth about getting some, but have jumped in yet. I made some "dole whip" from a pinterest recipe, and my family was NOT impressed.  We used what I made to mix up smoothies, which were good...but NOT a dole whip.

Is the mix worth it?  If for no other reason then to just mix in coconut rum??? :wave1: :wave1: :wave1:

Absolutely. It is indistinguishable from the park stuff.