So this may be a stupid question, but we would like to go see Jo Dee Messina the first weekend of Food and Wine. This will be our first time and will be going back multiple times so no need to fit everything into one day. I'm wonder what day may be the least crowded Fri, Sat, or Sun. Has anyone been opening weekend?

Has anyone been opening weekend?

I would check a few crowd level web sites and get a general feel for what is the slowest day, but take them all with a grain of salt.

As I always go on the day before for the CM preview/soft opening, I can't give you an answer based on being there. However, I usually worked on the F&W opening day and did get a sense of how busy it was going to be from driving through the Epcot toll plaza numerous times that afternoon. I can tell you that the lines to get in were much longer than normal on the first Friday of the festival.

My tolerance for waiting in long-ish lines is very low, so I avoid opening day for anything including the F&WF.

Having done more then our fair share of Wine and Food Festivals ( don't ask, it's been expensive) avoid Friday night and Saturday like the plague.  Friday days, not bad but be out of there by about 6 PM.  Sundays aren't bad, it gets steadily quieter after about 2-3 PM.