Universal Studios Cabana Bay Beach Resort

I have reservations for November and have had most of my questions answered at this website:

http://forums.orlandoinformer.com/topic/175-cabana-bay-beach-resort-faqs-post-questions-here/

Orlando Informer is a relatively new website. It is similar in format to Fort Fiends only it is primarily about Universal and is tightly moderated. Good information. No high jinx.

So not so much like FF.  Well... one out of 2...  8)

There is a thread about the new Hot Dog Hall of Fame in Citywalk. One of the hot dogs is the one served by the Dodgers. Someone mentioned that Vin Sculley has signed on for his 60-something year of broadcasting with the Dodgers and a moderator popped on and reminded the posters to stay on topic. The moderators are very knowledgable and they are nice with their reminders; but, no cinnamon roll discussions.

I have reservations for November and have had most of my questions answered at this website:

http://forums.orlandoinformer.com/topic/175-cabana-bay-beach-resort-faqs-post-questions-here/

Orlando Informer is a relatively new website. It is similar in format to Fort Fiends only it is primarily about Universal and is tightly moderated. Good information. No high jinx.

That looks like a very good resource for questions about Cabana Bay.

Todd- For what it's worth, GDF's boyfriend, Josh, blogged about Cabana Bay on the website his mommy backs:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/universal-cabana-bay-beach-resort-review/

TCD

I stayed there for 3 nights and liked it.  Got a good deal as it was not fully opened yet.  The pool was beautiful but only 3.5 feet deep.  Apparently it was designed by lawyers.  The buildings were named after old Miami Beach Hotels like the Castaways.  It has a very 50-60's design.  it was very attractive without all the gawdy cartoon drawings found in the POP resorts.  It will eventually have a lazy river and may have it already. The rooms were surprisingly quiet.  I liked the bar by the pool and spent quality time there.  There is a large gym but did not use it.  There was also an outdoor firepit with sofas around it and a playground.  If there was anything like live entertainment or character encounters I did not witness them.  The rooms were well equiped but i stayed in a suite so it may be larger than a regular room.  It slept 5 comfortably.  The restaurant was a big dining hall with individual food stations where you got your food, put it on a try, paid the cashier and found your way to a vacant table like a cafeteria.  There were no other dining options when I was there.  It was an attractive and comfortable hotel but I would not  go back at their current summer rates.  I still like the Fort best. 

There is a thread about the new Hot Dog Hall of Fame in Citywalk. One of the hot dogs is the one served by the Dodgers. Someone mentioned that Vin Sculley has signed on for his 60-something year of broadcasting with the Dodgers and a moderator popped on and reminded the posters to stay on topic. The moderators are very knowledgable and they are nice with their reminders; but, no cinnamon roll discussions.

Is the moderator's name Larry, by any chance?

That looks like a very good resource for questions about Cabana Bay.

Todd- For what it's worth, GDF's boyfriend, Josh, blogged about Cabana Bay on the website his mommy backs:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/universal-cabana-bay-beach-resort-review/

TCD

What's going to happen when Josh finds all these posts calling him my boyfriend? Will he laugh or press charges? Ha ha ha!