No dry ice on aircraft, but in the rv would work.

That's what I meant just forgot to explain the rv part. Actually you can use dry ice in a airplane now, maybe not a passenger line but I know the air freight ones now carry things in dry ice, just not sure when they started it but that might be the only way air wise.

I'm glad you have a solution now.....but I'm still wondering about this.  

I was thinking that but for some reason on the way up to CT this weekend the freezer didn't keep cold so by time we got there a lot of stuff defrosted. It was fine on the way home. But that may be my only option because I think my freezer packs will be done by time I make it to the fort.

Isn't this a new truck camper?  I'm wondering why the freezer didn't keep things cold on the way to CT, but did on the way home.  Was it plugged in for a couple days prior to the trip?  These RV fridges do take a little time to get down to temp, but then are fairly reliable.  And if this one WAS plugged in sufficiently ahead of time and still didn't keep stuff frozen, is it under warranty?

It was plugged in ahead of time and everything that went in was frozen, and it's brand spanking new. Will have to chat with dad about it.

Oh and another freezer story (I don't know why I'm telling you this, it's embarrassing). I brought my snow cone maker with us for the kids and it comes with 2 plastic mold to make the ice "pucks" to put in the machine. So I was making them, popping them out, refilling and freezing over and over again to have enough ice. Well, I guess I spilled some water which froze into ice on the bottom of the freezer and my finger tips were wet.. And bam! My finger tips were frozen to the ice in the freezer. Thank god Brian was in there to dump warm water on them. I did a good job messing them up, they are still healing. Oops.

Dave, good questions all. Yup, new truck & camper. Refrig/freezer 3 way on auto setting. It was was on A C pwr 30 hrs before loading with cold or frozen stuff. It's under warranty. Like you I'd like to know why not consistent.

Yesterday, started on mode AC and froze water in ice tray. Put mode to DC and monitoring. Tray still froze last night and this AM.

Still have variables, but wondering if door came open in route for awhile? Hit some hard pot holes, about teeth rattling on way North. Will check latches, might even duct tape to eliminate that scenario.

Going North again Monday for 5 days.

Might set mode to DC not auto in route.

I hope you get it figured out, John. A new RV shouldn't have issues.....and yet they all do. :rofl3:

Plus all my learning curves seem steeper than the used to be.

1 of my 12v dash board outlets no worky. Found likely fuse #. Go to fuse/junction box under hood. Found Rv placed that installed camper & airbag compressor wiring & self resetting breaker taught over fuse box access lid. Had to remove wiring to access fuse which had blown. Replaced fuse and outlet works.

1d0d8fb0ca5d71a9a957caa1856bb632.jpg