From WDWMagic...

Electric Vehicle charging stations now open in Epcot's parking lot for guest use
Aug 18, 2014 | 7:30am EDT

Good news for drivers of electric vehicles - Epcot has opened an EV charging station in the guest parking lot.

The four Level 2 charging stations, operated by ChargePoint, are the first to be deployed at Walt Disney World.

Drivers of the Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, Tesla and other electric vehicles can find the chargers at the front of the Journey parking lot, with a cost to charge of $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge cost of $1.50. Like all ChargePoint stations, they are available on a first come, first served basis, and guests can request directions to the stations from the Cast Members at the Epcot parking booth plaza.

ChargePoint accepts payment via credit card at the charge station, or via a ChargePoint account card, which you can obtain free from ChargePoint.

It is expected that more charge stations will be rolled out across property as part of the Drive Electric Orlando program of which Disney is a partner.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot/news/18aug2014-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-now-open-in-epcot%27s-parking-lot-for-guest-use.htm

Bobby says they will now allow golf carts in the Epcot Center parking lot.

Bobby says they will now allow golf carts in the Epcot Center parking lot.

But my electric vehicle that just happens to look like a golf cart is a street legal, tagged, and registered vehicle. I can drive it on any city, county, or state road. As long is not a state or federal highway. It has to be insured and tagged every year. It has turn signals, lights, a horn, and seatbelt. I wonder what they would say if I pulled up on it and showed them the registration?