From the Orlando Sentinel...

Disney World on board with Apple Pay; Mickey Mouse will be Apple Watch option
By Dewayne Bevil, Orlando Sentinel

3:07 p.m. EDT, September 9, 2014

Parts of Tuesday's much-anticipated Apple announcements hit home for Central Floridians. The company's new Apple Pay -- a system that allows purchases via the new upsized iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus -- will work at Walt Disney World right off the bat when it launches in October. Apple Pay also will work with the upcoming Apple Watch that was introduced Tuesday afternoon.

"Apple Pay makes shopping fast and easy for guests and simplifies the check-out process for our cast members," a Walt Disney Co. spokesperson said. "Our guests are going to love the convenience of Apple Pay, which will bring an easy, secure and private way to make purchases at Disney Store and Walt Disney World Resort.”

Payment will be done with a single step, Apple said. Disney World has dabbled in alternative payments. Its MyMagic+ program, launched this year, allows people staying in Walt Disney World hotels to use MagicBands to charge food and souvenirs to their room accounts during their visits. Other visitors, including annual passholders, not staying in Disney hotel currently cannot pay using their MagicBands.

Apple Pay will support credit and debit cards from American Express, MasterCard and Visa, issued by banksrepresenting 83 percent of credit card purchase volume in the United States. In addition to Disney World (and Disney Stores), retailers including Bloomingdale’s, Macy's, McDonalds, Walgreens, Subway and Whole Food Markets will support Apple Pay.

"When you’re using Apple Pay in a store, restaurant or other merchant, cashiers will no longer see your name, credit card number or security code, helping to reduce the potential for fraud,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services.

Meanwhile, a familiar face will be one of the options for the face of the new Apple Watch. The old-school Mickey Mouse watch will be reinterpreted for the new technology. The iconic character, complete with arms as hands, will be one of 18 options that Apple Watch wearers can switch between.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-apple-pay-mickey-mouse-20140909,0,1723630.post

Here is another article in Fox News that discusses tie-in with Apple Pay and Magic Band Swipe.  One commenter asks will Apple device be able to replace Magic Band????  That would be pretty cool.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/09/10/apple-pay-makes-day-at-theme-park-even-easierand-expensive/?intcmp=features

If it was Apple Pie Lou would be ecstatic...

Imagine my disappointment when I tuned in thinking, after all I had no other reason to be interested, that they said apple pie.

Hey, I thought the people talking about it had a NJ accent.

One commenter asks will Apple device be able to replace Magic Band?

And how will I get in if I'm not a CM?

Wonder if I can add whatever makes it work to my flip phone?