last year when we planned our 2nd trip to the Fort it was decided in Nov and we would bring a air-blown turkey. It's purchased and already in the trailer waiting.

This week I found our Scarecrows Mickey and Minnie and placed them in the pile to go to the trailer. But since I placed them with the trip stuff I've started wondering.

Do most just decorate for Christmas even if it's before Thanksgiving? We are there and gone before Thanksgiving so originally thought decorate more along a harvest theme.

I'm sure there is no right or wrong but are most decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving? After all, we are planning on visiting the resorts over the weekend just to check out THEIR holiday decorations and plans on trying a gingerbread roof shingle (been before after Thanksgiving yet never had one)

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!!

Diane

And Mo? I'm sure you will see this, I think we arrive the same day you do. Loved Halloween time (was there just before Halloween last year) and the temps were so warm we decided for a later (cooler???) visit this year for the pups.

What I've seen is if folks are staying through into Christmas season they go ahead and decorate for Christmas, but if it's a shorter trip like yours, there are plenty of harvest decorations.

Some of the super decorators and long term, do it big for Halloween, then switch to Harvest, then switch to Christmas :)

Yep - what Carol said.

You pretty much can't go wrong either way.  :)

And Mo? I'm sure you will see this, I think we arrive the same day you do. Loved Halloween time (was there just before Halloween last year) and the temps were so warm we decided for a later (cooler???) visit this year for the pups.

I'm definitely hoping for cooler this year than that first week or so we had last year.  :)

I'm sure the pups will be happier too.  Last year we broke out the portable pool for them.  They are definitely NOT warm weather dogs.

10914811216_6f54edc231_b.jpg

There's a short list of Fiends that will be floating around the Fort during those weeks on this thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10647-thanksgiving-2014/page-6 

Let me know if you want me to add you.

Hope to see you there!