TripAdvisor Names Victoria & Albert's One of Top 5 U.S. Restaurants

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa was honored as one of the Top 5 restaurants in the United States in TripAdvisor’s 2014 Travelers’ Choice awards.

VAA770490.jpg

The Walt Disney World Resort restaurant is the only Florida restaurant on the illustrious list. “One-of-a-kind dining experience in Orlando – worth it!” and “A special meal in a special place,” reads the TripAdvisor website.

VAA770492.jpg

Victoria & Albert’s also is a AAA Five-Diamond Award winner, one of just two in Florida. Under the helm of Chef Scott Hunnel, maître d hotel Israel Perez and Pastry Chef Erich Herbitschek, the restaurant features some of the very best seasonal ingredients from local markets, as well as from around the world.

VAA770491.jpg

TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, according to the website, reaching nearly 280 million unique monthly visitors and more than 170 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions.

The awards honor top travel spots worldwide based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.

Congrats to Chef Scott, Israel, Chef Erich and the entire Victoria & Albert’s team!

For more on Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, visit the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/2014-travelers-choice-tripadvisor-names-victoria-alberts-one-of-top-5-restaurants-in-u-s/

All they had to do was ask me and I would given them that review years ago.

Before I was a Concierge at the Grand, I was a Bell Cap there. Just about everyone that went to V&As came to me to either get their car, call them a cab, or ask for info on how to get back to their resort. I knew right away that they had been to V&A because the lady had a red rose and the gentleman was wearing a jacket and tie.

I made a point of asking everyone of them what they thought and every single couple said the same thing, it was great.

Mrs. YC and I went there on our first trip together in 1998.  Yes that was before kids.  We loved it.  We stayed so late we had to get a cab from the GF to POFQ because the Disney transportation had shut down.  We have always wanted to do it again.   Now that our kids are finally old enough to leave alone long enough for us we will visit again!

Mrs. YC and I went there on our first trip together in 1998.  

I just looked it up and that's the year I worked at the Grand. It was their 10th anniversary.

We may have met because I did work mostly nights and if I was on duty, I would have called for the cab.

We stayed so late we had to get a cab from the GF to POFQ because the Disney transportation had shut down.  

It had to have been real late because, then as now, buses operated until 2am.

A cab was the way to go because there are no resort to resort buses anyway. It would have taken 90 minutes to get back to your resort using the buses.

You just spent a ton of money for a meal, you're all dressed up, spring for a cab.

So Eric, when you're here next time and you take your wife to V&A, drive or take a cab both ways.

Lou I'm guessing that is not a place you get a CM discount?!

Because we're not foodies, it's not something we'll do and so I've never looked into it. I suspect you're right though.

It had to have been real late because, then as now, buses operated until 2am.

A cab was the way to go because there are no resort to resort buses anyway. It would have taken 90 minutes to get back to your resort using the buses.

You just spent a ton of money for a meal, you're all dressed up, spring for a cab.

So Eric, when you're here next time and you take your wife to V&A, drive or take a cab both ways.

I will most certainly take a cab because I don' think it would be prudent for us to drive.  Heck we probably couldn't have walked to the Monorail and picked up a bus at the TTC after that meal and the "dessert" drinks we had.   I remember we were one of the last ones out of the restaurant.  I will go back and look at our pictures from that night, who knows you may have made it in one of them.  We had a 35mm SLR then so we may not have taken as many pictures.

Now that same trip we waited alone at the DTD bus stop until very late because the water taxis had stopped running.  I am pretty certain we closed down PI that night but for "some reason" that memory is real foggy.   Amazing what a twenty something year old body can endure.