Enchanted Tiki Room - NEW Old Show back up and running!

Disney Gossip blog is actually a new site I stumbled across, so no idea how accurate their sources tend to be, but I though this was pretty interesting...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tropical Seranade Returning to the Magic Kingdom

A little birdie, literally a little birdie, tells me that the sweet sounds of "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" is now wafting happily out from the Enchanted Tiki Room in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. This is not just to torture the fanboys, but actually a sign that the attraction has ditched the new management and is returning to a more classic show.

A few weeks ago one of the two barker birds was missing, and now both birds are gone from the queue area. Then we learned that the attraction won't be re-opening on April 1st, but rather June 1st. Guess they have more work to do.

Today my source discovered that Walt Disney Imagineers are inside happily reprogramming the show and removing the scar tissue left from the Under New Management show. I was unable to drag out of my contact if they would be returning to the original tropical serenade show, or the newer edited version playing at Disneyland. Either way will make me happy.

All this because of a little attic fire that toasted Iago's feathers and caused some water damage. Hmmm that gives me an idea. Has anyone seen Stitch around here recently?]

http://www.disneygos...g-to-magic.html

Disney Gossip blog is actually a new site I stumbled across, so no idea how accurate their sources tend to be, but I though this was pretty interesting...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hmmm that gives me an idea. Has anyone seen Stitch around here recently?]

http://www.disneygossip.com/2011/03/tropical-seranade-returning-to-magic.html

:rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm showing it being closed beyond June first.

Closed as in....to be replaced by a new attraction???  I'm hoping...really hoping...they get rid of "New Management" and go back to the original show.  I also think that C.O.P. is due for a major overhaul and take it back to "Now Is the Time" music instead of "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow."

I'm also thinking that it would be nice to see them bring back 20,000 Leagues with a visit from Crush, Nemo, and Dory.  Today's technology could make an awesome 20,000 Leagues!

Alien Encounter, a.k.a. Stitch, needs a major re-do.  The history of that attraction has always been kind of "duddy".

I'm showing it being closed beyond June first.

Closed as in....to be replaced by a new attraction???  I'm hoping...really hoping...they get rid of "New Management" and go back to the original show.  I also think that C.O.P. is due for a major overhaul and take it back to "Now Is the Time" music instead of "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow."

I'm also thinking that it would be nice to see them bring back 20,000 Leagues with a visit from Crush, Nemo, and Dory.  Today's technology could make an awesome 20,000 Leagues!

Alien Encounter, a.k.a. Stitch, needs a major re-do.  The history of that attraction has always been kind of "duddy".

agreed! its been said over and over that they must do something to stitch....there are plenty of new and old disney movies that could easily fit in there!

The original Tiki bird show was always one of my favorites. Very relaxing to sit down in a cool place on a hot day and listen to the music. When my son was about 2 years old, he would try to sing along with the birds. The audience got as much entertainment out of him as the show itself. Good times. :rofl2:

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little birdie, literally a little birdie, tells me that the sweet sounds of "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" is now wafting happily out from the Enchanted Tiki Room in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. This is not just to torture the fanboys, but actually a sign that the attraction has ditched the new management and is returning to a more classic show.

A few weeks ago one of the two barker birds was missing, and now both birds are gone from the queue area. Then we learned that the attraction won't be re-opening on April 1st, but rather June 1st. Guess they have more work to do.

Today my source discovered that Walt Disney Imagineers are inside happily reprogramming the show and removing the scar tissue left from the Under New Management show. I was unable to drag out of my contact if they would be returning to the original tropical serenade show, or the newer edited version playing at Disneyland. Either way will make me happy.

All this because of a little attic fire that toasted Iago's feathers and caused some water damage. Hmmm that gives me an idea. Has anyone seen Stitch around here recently?]

http://www.disneygossip.com/2011/03/tropical-seranade-returning-to-magic.html

If this is true then all I can say is YEEE HAWWW!  Man....I just loathed the new show. :bellringer:

More from Stitch Kingdom...

Lastly, and music to your ears, we are certain, we have been sitting on reports that when it re-opens, the Enchanted Tiki Room will no longer be under new management and will instead be returned to its original  glory. Perhaps even more gratifying to many, sources have told us that Iago will find himself relocated to an Audio Animatronics graveyard located at Disney?s Animal Kingdom where he will become fodder for Imagineers looking to hone their skills. The attraction currently has no known re-opening date, although it?s assumed to be July 1, 2011 at this time as the official site has it listed as closed through June 30.

Read more: Disney News: First Look Inside Mickey's New Meet & Greet, Tiki Room Restored, Fairies' Final Destination - Stitch Kingdom.com - The latest in Disney news and the greatest in Disney tools - StitchKingdom.com

StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/mickeys-meet-greet-tiki-room-restored-fairies-final-destination/

The previous post shows an opening date of July 1. And another previous post shows June 1 to which I responded, that it was going to be closed beyond June 1st.

The July 1 date, IMO, is also suspect because it's shown as being closed until the end of June, but it's not showing up as being open on July 1st, it's blank. When an attraction is done being refurbished, shouldn't the hours of operation be on the calendar?

So I don't know what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on Stitch Kingdom today...

August 16, 2011 is a day that will live in infamy for that is the day the Walt Disney World currently has slated for the re-opening of the ?Enchanted Tiki Room,? following a fire that caused some significant damage to some of the animatronics. Closed since January, sources have confirmed to us that the rumored return to the original Tropical Serenade will indeed happen and Iago and Zazu will be forced to find another line of work. Perhaps as a tongue-in-cheek nod to the change, Disney Pin Trading released the retro pin displayed here last month, in honor of Walt Disney World?s 40th anniversary.

Read more: Disney News: WDW Refurb Update: ?Tiki Room? Granted Re-Opening Date; 'Liberty Belle,' ?Primeval Whirl? Closure Extended - Stitch Kingdom.com - The latest in Disney news and the greatest in Disney tools - StitchKingdom.com

StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/wdw-refurb-update-tiki-room-granted-reopening-date-liberty-belle-primeval-whirl-closure-extended/

Posted to WDW Magic today...

'The Enchanted Tiki Room -- Under New Management' reopening date pushed back further

Apr 08, 2011

'The Enchanted Tiki Room -- Under New Management' reopening date has been pushed back once again, this time to August 16 2011. This is the latest in a series of extensions to the refurbishment window following a fire that broke out in January 2011. Speculation is rife that the attraction may return to the much-loved original Tropical Serenade show, although Disney have not yet made any comment.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/The-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-Under-New-Management/News/08Apr2011-%27The-Enchanted-Tiki-Room----Under-New-Management%27-reopening-date-pushed-back-further.htm

More speculation from MiceAge...

Rumors... Tropical Serenade?

Speaking of tasty rumors completely unsubstantiated: what if the super-long extended closure of the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management was *NOT* for the purpose of replacing the fire-damaged Iago animatronic? What if the reason for the ultra-long closure was instead to replace the show with something closer to the original ?Tropical Serenade? (ie, ?regular? Tiki Room show) version of the attraction?

Supporting evidence:

* The attraction has been closed WAY too long to simply replace one burned animatronic (Iago)

* They didn?t originally block the view of the preshow from the walkway, but after several weeks, the preshow birds disappeared from view and THEN a wall went up, implying they are changing the show

* A manager in the area told a friend who told us (yes, this is all very third-person) that the ?original? show is coming back? and one of the Iago animatronics (there were two) which was NOT damaged will be repurposed as the ?Orange Bird? to serve as emcee.

* There?s been an awful lot of Orange Bird promotion with Disney lately, including on the artwork for the 40th anniversary stuff? are they prepping us for something?

At the end of the day, this is still just a rumor. I haven?t heard independent confirmation yet, but I have to say, I won?t be too surprised if we hear as such. This rehab is taking an AWFULLY long time to just replace one burned-up animatronic.

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky041211a.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/7260From WDW News Today...

Enchanted Tiki Room: Under Old Management

Posted on June 15, 2011

To publicize the return of the Enchanted Tiki Room to the Magic Kingdom in August, Disney has released a photo and a rather funny blurb to go with it:

Tiki-Room-co-host-Jose49287991-800x538.jpg

SPREADING WINGS: The “new management” has been let go and the future of the Adventureland landmark is in the wings and wit of José, Fritz, Michael and Pierre – four crooning parrot hosts who ushered in sophisticated Audio-Animatronics technology at California’s Disneyland in 1963 at The Enchanted Tiki Room.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/7260

I love it when I have an excuse to be Snarky.

So they've decided to bring back the originals. Who wants to bet that they never threw away the old stuff from the original show and just dusted it off, tweaked it a little, added and changed the dialog, added some new songs, and viola, a cheesy new show for minimal investment. Who's gonna know.

The original show was bad, almost as bad as the lame EWP, the replacement bird brained show was bad, and this reincarnated version will be bad as well.

I just don't understand them sometimes. But as I always do, I blame it on the idiot managers.

Don't get me started on that.

And yes, I know Doodle likes the EWP. Only because she thinks it looks like glitter.